icon

05 mustang r/s issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
have you un-hooked the by-pass...? And it is still not cranking even w/ key...you checked power at the end of the harness that plugs into r/s? did you ever get tach/tach-less working?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

Well I took out the Prestige APS 920 and put in the Viper 5901. He is putting the Prestige on his other car. I didn't unhook the bypass. I am sure i have the bypass hooked up properly now.  This is what is going on:  There is no power on the green and violet wire coming from the alarm when the r/s sequence starts up the "lock" symbol in the dash flashes (PKALL bypass not programmed yet). On the PKALL I have the red wire to 12 volts, and the black grounded. On the other harness, I have Purlple White to pin 4, and Yellow Blk to pin 3, blue white from alarm is going to ground while running (blue wire from the r/s plug) and Pink going to the pink ignition from the r/s plug). Do I need to completely take out the bypass for the starter wires to see 12volts during R/S? When I start the car normally and then use the r/s and remove the key, the alarm takes over and it stays running. An easy car has become a nightmare but I'm sure it is something simple that I'm overlooking since I'm not longer and installer working on cars everyday.  Thanks

~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
jmholden46 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

I am having a similar issue with my F150 right now using my PKALL (minus the 10 sec shut down), but you meantioned you put PURPLE / white to pin 3 on your cars wiring harness for it's immobilizer.   Pin 3 is Transmit but PURPLE / white is Receive.   Pin 4 is RX and you have yellow/black (TX) hooked to it... Is that the correct way to wire it... or should it be RX to RX?  Does anybody know?

-BiG J-
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
What year is your F-150...Will help narrow down what connection to use...???It could be connection...1...3...2...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
jmholden46 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

Its a V8, 2000 F-150

Thanks

-BiG J-
jmholden46 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  

Read my other post, Topic:

pkall immobilizer bypass data wires

it has more details of where i am at... Thanks!

-BiG J-
borgelpe 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone figure this out yet?  I have an identical problem with Canmax unit in 2009 F150 and Viper 5901.  Bypass acts like programmed via the led, but when remote starting, led blinks about 1/sec, security light in cluster blinks rapidly, all accessories come on, but no starter.  Tries 3 times then quits, no troublehooting codes, key fob responds with 'remote start error'.  I only have the D2D wires hooked up from the bypass unit to the 5901, and the RX/TX wires to the PATS harness.  According to instructions, nothing else needs to be wired....
'09 F-150 Platinum
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic