icon

autopage 315, dei 795t pager, 1996 240sx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

ok, now here's the thing, with this setup, both warn away and full trigger will cause the alarm to full trigger, showing up on the pager as a door tamper alert, that being said, using a single pole double throw relay, connect like this,

pin 30- ground

pin- 86 twelve volts,

pin 85- from the shock sensor diode isolate the green and blue wires with two one amp diodes, bars facing away from relay,

pin 87- to the door wire.

on a side note, the green wire is just warn away, if you would like the sensor to only report with full trigger, then just eliminate the green wire from pin 85 on the relay, and use the blue alone, no diodes needed.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
it's eleven here, i'm out for the night, post up, i'll reply tommorow, good luck.
tanshin 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

ok, now here's the thing, with this setup, both warn away and full trigger will cause the alarm to full trigger, showing up on the pager as a door tamper alert, that being said, using a single pole double throw relay, connect like this,

pin 30- ground

pin- 86 twelve volts,

pin 85- from the shock sensor diode isolate the green and blue wires with two one amp diodes, bars facing away from relay,

pin 87- to the door wire.

on a side note, the green wire is just warn away, if you would like the sensor to only report with full trigger, then just eliminate the green wire from pin 85 on the relay, and use the blue alone, no diodes needed.

OK, I'm going to go pick up a relay today so I can try this out. I'm going to try and pick up some diodes too. If I can get the diodes I will try wiring it the way you said first, if I can't find diodes at the part store I'll do the second option. I don't care how the pager registers as long as the pager goes off whenever the alarm goes off I will be so amazingly happy!
tanshin 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Well that didn't work well at all. I went to auto parts stores, they looked at me like I was crazy when I said what I wanted... Said I needed a part number, so I realized that was a bad idea.
Then I went to two different car audio installation places that install alarms. They confirmed the original shop often tries to rip people off this way and that is how they get most of their business. They also did not know anything about autopage alarms so they told me they couldn't help. They also looked at the print out of the relay you described and told me they couldn't help me or sell me the relay, but could sell me a new alarm. (of course)
Do you know where I can get a relay like this? Everyone wants me to buy their alarm and not help with the one I have so far. I just figured there had to be a work around for it, and from what you describe there is.
dcorwin822 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
tanshin 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
dcorwin822 wrote:
http://www.autopageusa.com/resources/RF315%20Install%20Manual.pdf
That's the one! Thank you, I swear I looked on their site for the install manual but could only find the user manual. I was probably looking right at it again, thank you!
Hopefully that plus this: DEI 795t Pager Unit Install Guide will get something clear that I can do without much modification to get the pager to work as soon as the alarm sounds.
I'm feeling a bit more confident now.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
This is too easy. Just connect the blue from the shock sensor to the blue zone 1 input of the 795t. Connect the green of the shock sensor to the gray zone 2 input of the 795t. The manual for the 795t clearly tells you how to do this. No diodes, relays, transistors or flex capacitors needed.
tanshin 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you, if this works I will hook it up this way. No relay like stated previously? I can just tap into the wires and connect? Awesome!
I'll pick up some connectors today, and barring any flooding (a good chance) I'll hook it up and let you know how it went.
It's kinda hard to work on the wiring in a 1/4 foot of water, and man are the mosquitoes and fire ants angry!
autopage 315, dei 795t pager, 1996 240sx - Page 2 -- posted image.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

mr jworm, he said that only the door trigger sets off the pager, which is why i recommended he use the relay and the diode connected to the door wire of the shock sensor trigger wires, since he wanted the pager to also page when the shock sensor was triggered although it would ahow up as a door trigger on the pager anyway, he mentioned that he just wanted it to work,

and mr tanshin if what j worm suggested does work, you have been giving me wrong info!autopage 315, dei 795t pager, 1996 240sx - Page 2 -- posted image.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2009 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
t&t, I don't believe he said that the shock sensor wires were ever connected to the pager unit wiring. That is the problem. He needs to connect those.
tanshin, if you have the siren wire connected to the pager unit you should disconnect it. It should only be connected when the alarm does not have a ground when armed wire. If it has not been connected already, the ground when armed wire needs to be connected to the pager unit. Also, you need to install a diode on the ground when armed wire that goes to the starter kill relay to prevent the ignition input from backfeeding to the pager, or else the pager will keep going off if the shock sensor is ""shaken" or a door is opened when the ignition is off and the alarm is off. That would be annoying.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic