icon

pkall immobilizer bypass data wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmholden46 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing a Viper 160XV Remote starter in my 2000 F-150.    I am using a ExpressKit PKALL immobilizer bypass module.   I am hooking it up without D2D, But I just need to know what the Data 1 (PURPLE / white wire) and the Data 2 (Yellow/Black wire) from Connector 2 wire into.  

PKALL Bypass Installation instructions

http://www.bypasskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=1074

Viper 160XV Installation instructions.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=498

-BiG J-
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

PIN # DESCRIPTION

Pin 1 GROUND (N.C.)

Pin 2 IGNITION +12V (N.C.)

Pin 3 RX (Data) PURPLE / white wire

Pin 4 TX (Data) yellow/black wire

Those connect to the TX and RX WIRES...The clip is usually right at ignition...I believe it is connection 1 in the manual...It is a 4 pin harness

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
jmholden46 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

In communication between two devices you normally would hook up the recieve of one to the transmit of the other and vise versa.   Ok so on the Pats Immobilizer (the four wire harness that you were talking about) pin 3, accoring to the diagram, is recieve and pin 4 is Transmit.   Now the PURPLE / White Wire on the PKALL  says Receive and the Yellow/Black Wire says Transmit.   Now would I should I tie it in line (recieve to recieve; Purp/WH-Pin 3, YW/BLK-Pin4)   or tie it recieve to transmit, etc.   I would imagine since it is not trying to communicate ignition but to the Immobilizer, it should be recieve to recieve, etc.   

That is the way I currently have it hooked up but I cant get this unit to do anything.   I tried to program my key into it but the LED on the device never changes/pulses signaling it learned the key or fail to learn it.   It is always lit up red.   My Viper 160XV remote starter is working fine and will remote start with the key in the ignition so I know its the immobilizer bypass module that is my problem.  

When I attempt to program the bypass unit.   I Hold the program button as I plug in Connector 1 (red wire-12v (amendum said red wire, not blue Wire as noted in instructions; to Yellow ignition switch harness), Black-Ground; using W2W not D2D).   The red led turns on before I plug in Connector two (unless I hurry).   It appears to only signal the unit has power.   I then go through the other steps turning key on and off as directed (except my security led is always off, never on).   Well I am stumped at programming this thing so I dont know what else to add except your imput is appreciated.

Connector 2

Blue/white (-) --->  2nd status/defogger (-) output latched/pulsed on Viper 160XV (BLUE/White wire, H3)

Pink (+) --->   Yellow 12v Ignition switch harness

PURPLE / White --> Pin 3 (Receive Wire)

Yellow/black ---> Pin 4 (Transmit Wire)

Thanks

-BiG J-

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic