icon

canmax400 will not program 2009 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
borgelpe 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

Cannot get the Canmax400 to program following install of it and Viper 5901.  LED remains solid red, have reset module, still wont program using the instructions included with unit:  insert 1st key, turn to on until security dash light goes out, within 5 secs, insert 2nd key and repeat, within 5 seconds hold programming button and press remote start.  Will work if one of the keys is in the ignition when the remote start is activated.  I get no diagnostic codes afterwards, just a failed remote start on the fob.  Have reversed the TX and RX leads, still the same.   Any input would be appreciated.  Anyone have directech instructions for hookup of Canmax400 to 5901 in a new Ford?

'09 F-150 Platinum
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

Besides the rx tx... what else have you gotten wired to the bypass?

Specifically.... how are you turning on the bypass during remote start!?

borgelpe 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Just the D2D 4-wire harness to the Viper.  The RX/TX are the only wires spec'd to be hooked up out of the 20-wire harness for the '09 F150.  12-wire harness is used only for the W2W hookup (according to the install manual).  Pwr is coming thru the D2D harness (reset process works - ie unplug power, press and hold prog button, plug in pwr, light trns orange after 3 secs, then goes solid red, release prog button).  Just can't get the key sequence process to result in green led - basically no response from the canmax.  Also, jumpers on viper are set to horizontal as specified.
'09 F-150 Platinum
borgelpe 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

Ok - new info.  Went thru and checked all wiring connections, end to end with ohm meter.  Found one of the RX/TX wires with intermittent connection, fixed it, and now the module acts like it is programming, but still won't remote start the car.  Reset the module several times, responds as it should with orange led, then solid red.  Go thru the key sequence, and red led turns green on 2nd key for a few seconds, then goes out.  Once I hold the prog button and hit the remote start, it flashes green at about 1 sec intervals during the entire remote start sequence (3 attempts).  Each attempt, the PATS security light in cluster flashes rapidly, indicating invalid key.  Did this many times, consistently does the same thing.  Also, no longer will actually remote start when I insert key in ignition like it would before (not that that was going to do me any good, but at least I was able to verify the rest of the wiring was working properly - ign, starter, brake kill, etc.)

According to the instructions, the led should not go green until I remove 2nd key, hold programming button, and remote start.... 

Going nuts, any ideas?

'09 F-150 Platinum
iphydeauxi 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2009 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
The truck may be in Fleet Mode.
borgelpe 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  

Now that makes more sense than any info I was getting from xpresskit tech support.  The truck is a company fleet vehicle, what does 'fleet mode' mean/do, and how do I get it out of that mode?  Something the dealer has to do, or what?

thanks, hopefully this is the right track, I have all but given up and am in the process of buying an idatalink module.

Pete

'09 F-150 Platinum
dvaldez0989 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2009 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
will the tbxkey work with this vehicle still??
borgelpe 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Finally solved the problem - yanked out the Canmax and installed an Idatalink ADS-TB module - took all of 30 minutes for the swap out, and within 2-3 tries at the programming sequence - SUCCESS!

Don't know about the Canmax and other vehicles, but it does not work on the 2009 F150, cannot recommend it unless you are into pure frustration.

'09 F-150 Platinum
darksidecelica 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
I dunno. I've had problems with the canmax400 also. Tried installing into 2 different 08 Chargers and no dice. Tried swapping out the unit, reversing tx and rx wires, reflashing the modules; both customers had to come back at least twice. Maybe something is off with those modules?
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
I've had massive problems with the modules, so we have pulled them off our lineup. For now.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic