Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  

i have a 2003 protege 5

i have an rpm whine that i cant seem to locate  that is driving me crazy

i have tried different rca's running over the seats to avoid all contact with any points of inducing noise. the ground is bolted to a sanded piece of body metal under the rear seat , the factory ground at the battery is also upgraded to 2 gauge wire. power is on driver side of the vehicle , rca's are run down passanger side and speaker wires down the center of the vehicle,  i have even taken great care to keep the wiring all seperated at the connections to the amps. the gains on the both amps are 100% correct i have an occiliscope to test that. even the ground at the deck has been tried in a few different locations including my d-block and battery terminal nothing seems to change this

the only  things that i can think of at this point is that i need to run two gauge from my d-block to my battery if my body ground cant handle the power and is creating a ground loop from there( is that a possiblity?????), or that my diode in my alternator is going and the noise is being induced there. how would i go about testing the alternator for a faulty diode or mabey that my low level outputs at my deck are bad that might be possible

something i might be missing??? 

thanks for the help

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

Hmmmmm...I know too many people that do exactly that...Hmmmm never thought to blame pac-man

Anyhow...What kind of stereo...amp...Has noise always been present...Any upgrades to vehicle.How old is your equipment

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
alaisneo 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
I always make sure that my ground is the same size as all power wires OR bigger. What size power wire do you have?...what size ground do you have. Also make sure you dont have any strands of wire touching across metal places. all else fails move that ground..even in you think its the best spot...it may not be...ive been there before..
I love sound
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Pioneer head unit? You connected the power or the RCA's without disconnecting the power at the battery first, didn't you?
Check this out...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

Pioneer head unit, my crystal ball was saying the same thing.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

you guys were bang on lol i am using a older pioneer 8600mp  i tested the rca outputs then connected a wire from the rca to the chassis ground of the deck and it went down away played a silent track and i have nothing but sweet silence

thanks for the help

icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
shaip99 wrote:

you guys were bang on lol i am using a older pioneer 8600mp  i tested the rca outputs then connected a wire from the rca to the chassis ground of the deck and it went down away played a silent track and i have nothing but sweet silence

thanks for the help

Just make sure you put a fuse on that wire you added k?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic