icon

remote start sutting off when door open

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joeeey 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Clifford 50.7x in my 2001 Lexus GS300. Everything works fine except if the doors are closed and the remote start is running and I open the door it shuts off the engine. If I leave the door open and start the remote start it runs fine. I have the correct door wire connected to the correct pin of the alarm (green wire - trigger) There must be some feature that needs to be turned off. Can anyone help with this issue. I have been toying with this for 3 hours now and I can't figure out what's causing it. If I probe with my test light from ground to the door wire on the alarm it shuts the engine off on remote start. So I know it is related to the green - door trigger wire. Thanks in advance.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
That's weird. The only thing I could think would be if that unit has some kind of manual transmission mode.
Is a hood pin installed? Is the Clifford's gray hoodpin wire connected to anything?
And even though I can't imagine this happening.....any chance that somehow the car's brake lights are getting activated when you open the door?
joeeey 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
I disabled the Manual transmission mode in the programing. I don't have the hood pin connected yet. But I can use the remote start while the door id open, but if I close the door and reopen it it will shut off the remote start and I don't get any unusual reading on the 2 way remote like hood open or brake pressed? I have never seen anything like this before. It sound to me like it's some where in the programing but I don't see anything in the manual.
joeeey 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
I found the problem. I thought that I post it just in case anyone else has had this problem. In menu 2 option 14 - Aux 3 linking, if set to Smart Key Control (link to remote start off). It will stop the remote start when a door is open if programed to smart key control. Thanks all.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic