icon

which battery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mantis_rr 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2009 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
I just put in 1 more alpine mrd-m1005 amp in my '02 nissan pathfinder. Each one of the amps powers a 12" re audio sx sub, im trying to find out what kind of second battery would go good with my set up. I also have an mrv-f345 4 channel for my components.
mantis_rr 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
Any suggestions?
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 3:58 AM / IP Logged  
Does that 345 push your components enough to match the subs? Just curious. Deep cycle batteries rock! Everything else in order?
This is what I do for FUN!
mantis_rr 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
It does a good job but when the subs hit, they take a lot of power. I know I need a deep cycle, I just don't know which one
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Big Three.
HO Alternator.
Second Battery maybe.
HO Alt. If you can't charge your primary battery, then you can't charge a secondary one. This goes for batteries and Caps for that matter. The Big Three is the easiest, cheapest upgrade. I recommend Odyssey batteries. Not a fan of Optima. Deep cycle shouldn't be an automatic choice. Search for "Red or Yellow Top".
mantis_rr 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'm in the process of doing the big 3 kinda hard though because of how everything is wired and located. I will look into those batteries and any other suggestions on batteries.
wadewills 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
I just recently bought a kinetik hc-800 and am very happy with the results. The second battery makes a big difference in voltage drops and seems to allow things to run at a constant level. It is really alot better than a cap and all my light dimming is gone. Im running an AQ2200d and an alpine mrp-300 and there is plenty of juice. I have an optima yellow top up front but im not as pleased with it. It doesnt last long under heavy current. The kinetik is stronger in my opinion.  I will eventually put a 1400 kinetik upfront and then i know i will have juice!
Enjoy Life theres plenty of time to be dead
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
Here is some FREE advice..... read what spiz has to say !

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic