icon

False Trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Smitty3572 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have recently installed my alarm system on my 2001 Durango. With the diodes installed on the door triggers, remote start (HVAC) workin properly. I checked all the doors to verify they trigger the alarm. No problems found. The first night I had the system armed the door trigger alarmed the system. The remote I have is a 2-way communication remote. I checked my diodes again but no problems found. The alarm varies when it will trigger. Sometimes it will right after arming and sometimes it wont trigger at all. The alarm is a Top Alarm brand. I know it is is not a common alarm brand. I remember seeing somethingon this forum about this but cant find it now. Any help would be appreciated. Thnak you.
Smitty3572
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
do you have the current sense feature turned off??
turn it off and see what happens
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Gentleman 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2003 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
I had the same problem on my Dakota, had to use the Windstar wiring scheme posted on this site to solve the problem
Bob
Smitty3572 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2003 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
Draasch: I could not find any information about current sense feature. From what i can tell this system does not offer that feature.
Gentleman: What exactly did you do. I looked at the schematic for the Windstar but didn't know for sure what you were refering to.
Could it possibly be the timer control module scanning the zones (doors), there fore sending a negative signal to the alarm system. False Trigger - Last Post -- posted image.
Thanks for your help.
Gentleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
Send me your email address I will send you a diagram of what I did
Smitty3572 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
I got to looking at the diodes i used. They are 1 watt. Could that possibly be the problem? I cant see it happening tho.
Gentleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2003 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Smitty, I just sent you a pm of the diagram I used, let me know if it helped.
Bob
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2003 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
any diode is ok. as long as you have the right wire. and the diode in the right position. its one thing to get a wire guide and find the wires it another thing to test those wire to see if there exactly what is stated. cuase you never know the factory could have ran out of that wire or something so you always have to test . everything and you say top of the line alarm .. what type of alarm not all two way alarms are top of the line prime example are alarms so on ebay called
vampire. hammer. etc they are the same exact thing named different how good can that be plus they suck i try to encurage people to buy stuff they have heard of like viper. even audiovox.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic