the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Adding Dual Zone Sensor? Is itCompatible?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Black Se7en 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2003 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  

I currently have a Clifford Concept 200 with a Dual Zone shock sensor. I'm trying to add a Dual Zone Proximity 4 sensor.  The sensor I got is the one they use to make with the manual control panel. The Concept 200 has a single WHITE/ blue wire for the trigger (I'm assuming its a digital signal that carries both signals for  outer and inner zones) that goes to the Dual Zone Shock sensor.  The Concept 200 also allows for remote adjustment of the sensitivity for the Shock sensor.  The Proximity sensor has two wires. One thats blue for the outer zone, and one thats orange for the inner zone. The Concept 200 also comes with an additional plug for an additional signal. However, the trigger wire on it is only orange, which I'm assuming is only for inner zone trigger.

• How do I go about hooking up both zones on the Proximity sensor? I know I can always hook up an additional Piezo siren or something similar to the blue trigger wire but I would rather have the Concept 200 chirp the warn-away.  Is there anyway to hook both zones up to my Concept 200?
  • My other question is this:  I know I can buy the Proximity Sensor 4 without the manual control panel and it is a three wire (red+ black- WHITE/ blue) sensor.  Would this be compatible with my Concept 200? (ie, slice the wires with a diode to the shock sensor. I'm guessing this might not work if the WHITE/ blue wire is digital.) How would I go about adjusting the sensitivity of the Proximity sensor if I go this route?

I hope someone out theres knows of a solution. Thanks for all the help!

Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2003 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
I had an alarm with a Shock sensor, but I wanted the Proximity (EFD) sensor as well. All I did was buy the EFD sensor, and wired it parallel with the shock sensors triggers (GREEN/ blue) and power (RED / black). They were both be part of the same "Zone", but it worked just fine. I had to test it first, to see which wire was Warning and which one was Alarm, I had it backwards the first time, but a simple swap fixed that.
I needed the EFD for the Soft Top vehicle. The problem was, when the wind blew, the warning tone would trigger (changing the shape of the interior when the soft-top moved in/out), heh heh. . . I have a but load of Harley Halfwits in the neighborhood, and they would purposely open the trottle in front of my car to set it off. Immature people, and one is a cop!
For what you want, I guess you can just wire in another EFD in parallel eith the one you already have, and place them at both ends of the vehicle. The EFD sensors calibrate when they're activated, and sense the current condition of the car, the "shape" so to speak, and all that. Multiple EFDs should not interfere with each other, because they both should calibrate, and sense each other's fields and shape of the vehicle.
The EFD simply senses the change in doppler readings and triggers the warning for the first field, then triggers the alarm on the second, "intrusion" field.
Black Se7en 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2003 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

Powerslave0,

Thanks for the reply. I think I need to clarify that my alarm brain ONLY has 3 wire conections for the sensors. Red (+) Black (-) and WHITE/ blue for the shock sensor and red (+) black (-) and Orange for the additional sensor. The sensor, however, does have the 4 wires (red, black, blue, orange) where orange is the inner zone trigger while and the blue is the warning zone trigger wire.

I need to know how to wire up this Proximity sensor to my 3 wire Clifford G4 Concept 200 without having to add an additional piezo siren to it.  Is there anyway to hook up this Clifford Proximity Sensor 4 to my Concept 200? (I chose this Proximity sensor because it has the manual panel to control sensitivity, since I don't think my Concept 200 can remotely adjust an optional proxmitiy sensor like the Concept 600 or Avantguard can.)

netZ 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2003 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
don't know the answer to your question, but see if someone can tell you if the orange input wire is a multiplex input such as the dei trigger inputs. it can tell by detecting the length of the pulse less .8 or great and will sound the alarm accordingly.
netZ
Black Se7en wrote:

Powerslave0,

Thanks for the reply. I think I need to clarify that my alarm brain ONLY has 3 wire conections for the sensors. Red (+) Black (-) and WHITE/ blue for the shock sensor and red (+) black (-) and Orange for the additional sensor. The sensor, however, does have the 4 wires (red, black, blue, orange) where orange is the inner zone trigger while and the blue is the warning zone trigger wire.

I need to know how to wire up this Proximity sensor to my 3 wire Clifford G4 Concept 200 without having to add an additional piezo siren to it.  Is there anyway to hook up this Clifford Proximity Sensor 4 to my Concept 200? (I chose this Proximity sensor because it has the manual panel to control sensitivity, since I don't think my Concept 200 can remotely adjust an optional proxmitiy sensor like the Concept 600 or Avantguard can.)

Black Se7en 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2003 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

Anyone have any insight with this? I need some help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic