icon

2000 mustang issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mattb21 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
So I'm in the middle of installing an alarm / remote start in my 2000 mustang gt. The product I'm using is a Autopage RS-1000. For the bypass, I'm using a DEI 555p. The wire schematic for the bypass has me a little confused. The schematic says to cut the ignition wire and put #8 on the key side, and #9 on the car side (or vice versa I'm not sure if it's #8 key side or #9). Anyways, my question is, which wire would I utilize in the steering column being that I have more than one ignition wire?
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

I can't find a manual for that thing. Do you have a way to scan and post it? I imagine it is telling you to cut one of the rx or tx wires, or maybe ignition at the 4 pin pats plug....and then telling you connect the key side and car side. Not sure though, since I can't find a manual for that thing.

mattb21 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
Here's the instructions.
I think you may be right when you say it might be a wire in the 4 pin pats plug. The instructions say it's typically a black / white or blue wire, and one of the wire in the harness is black / white.
I'm gonna go check...
djjosehernandez 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  
this is wat i found for ingnitions wires and locations     IGNITION 1 RED / LIGHT GREEN (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 2      RED / BLACK (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
jc hdez
mattb21 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
I got it figured out. It was a wire in the PATS plug right next to the rx and tx wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic