< Prev Topic Next Topic >
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 3:39 AM / IP Logged  
Vehicle: 93` Toyota Camry LE
This what I have hooked up in car right now:
12" Type R
MRP-M500 (4 GAUGE WIRING W/ AGU 50 AMP FUSE)
IDA-X200
INFINITY 6022I'S
ALPINE SPS-609'S
This is what I want to add to my system:
RF PUNCH 240x4 (95` TURTLE SHELL SERIES)
RFC1D CAPACITOR
8 GAUGE POWER AND GROUND
REMOTE WIRE
2 PAIRS OF RCA
Am I missing anything? Is a distribution necessary? Or I'm ready to go of what I have? Please let me know, any advice will help. Please be specific. I need more loudness and clarity for my highs. Thank you for your time.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
Like this:  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=115060&KW=i+am+an+idiot#558174
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
bradinar 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
If it were me I would by two "T" style distro blocks with 1 4 awg in and 2 4 awg out.  One for power and one for ground and use reducers for the fosgate's 8 guage inputs.  I personally would ditch the cap.  You should be able to use a T tap for the remote wire with only two amps.  If not use a relay.   I think this would be the least complicated way to wire this setup. 
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Another way to do this if you wanted to keep your cap (for looks only).use your cap as the distribution point for your amps , this way you can run 4guage to everything with only one line break. the more line breaks you have the more chances of something being wired wrong,or improperly grounded.I know, no one likes caps but i like the looks of mine alot and everybody that looks at my setup asks about it and says how bad a#% it looks.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
"use your cap as the distribution point for your amps , this way you can run 4guage to everything with only one line break"
when you say "with only one line break" that can be a 8 gauge right? this is daisy chaining then right? power wire from the battery goes into pos. terminal of cap and i wire my MRP and RF with a 8 gauge power wire and i connect a 4 gauge to the other pos. terminal of the cap the the MRP using a fork connector. it this is what your talking about? is this a safe way?
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
you could run 8guage if you like but 4guage is more current flow,providing more power.yes this is the daisy chain effect.yes it is perfectly safe.just use seperate grounds for the amps and the cap make sure they are ground to bare metal.
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
but the MRP's B+ terminal can only fit 8 gauge, its too small. (2) 4 gauge wires wont fit in one terminal. what if i use fork connectors for both?
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2009 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
here is how my set up is my 4 guage is ran from my battery to my + sideof mycap,then split to both amps with 2 seperate 4guage wires all with ring terminals on top of one another. My grounds are all seperate and ground to bare metal.You might have to be creative with this .I would not split it off your mrp amp I would split it at the cap then to the amps.if fork connectors will work then use them.I just looked does that clear cover come off,if so are there bolts for connections or what?if not then youll have to use what fits wich is probably 8 guage. your amp only lets you use 8 guage so that what your stuck with sorry about your luck.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
what is the best way to set this up? -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
what is the best way to set this up? -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic