icon

mystery amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2009 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
I wouldnt call him a liar, at the same time I wouldnt second his opinion. I recommend class D for subs when asked, but I run a 4 chan amp to a single 12" personally. Its possible to run both those Pioneers with that amp, but not probable to find a recommendation to do so. Thats the way the cookie crumbles....
This is what I do for FUN!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Oh, and be sure to put rocks in your sub's enclosure. Apparently, it's magical in it's properties! Three. That's the magic number...
(Sorry... Couldn't let it pass...)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2009 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Why you little...^#%$)*&%@). Hey, the Petsmart forum did the same thing to that rich mofo talkin about Petrocks.mystery amp - Page 5 -- posted image.
This is what I do for FUN!
harobikes333 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2009 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
Oh, and be sure to put rocks in your sub's enclosure. Apparently, it's magical in it's properties! Three. That's the magic number...
^ ^ That was a pretty funny thread you are refering to.
So.... will running a two channel a/b amp work...?
(has two 50amp fuses in it.)
# Zeus ZXi Series 2-Channel Class AB Car Amplifier
# RMS Power Rating:
    * 4 ohms: 325 watts x 2 chan.
    * 2 ohms: 650 watts x 2 chan.
    * Bridged, 4 ohms: 1300 watts x 1 chan.
harobikes333 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
bump... hasn't been a reply for two days about.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

harobikes333 wrote:
[QUOTE=haemphyst] Oh, and be sure to put rocks in your sub's enclosure. Apparently, it's magical in it's properties! Three. That's the magic number...
^ ^ That was a pretty funny thread you are refering to.
So.... will running a two channel a/b amp work...?
(has two 50amp fuses in it.)

Yes , Running a 2 channel will work...But i think a Class D is more Efficient...The 2nd set of outputs on the amp,like in most situations, a sub box has 2 terminal cups and you can run a lead to each cup...If you have multiple subs...Etc...!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
harobikes333 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:

Yes , Running a 2 channel will work...But i think a Class D is more Efficient...The 2nd set of outputs on the amp,like in most situations, a sub box has 2 terminal cups and you can run a lead to each cup...If you have multiple subs...Etc...!

Yeah I know Class D is more effiecient..:/   I'm gna test my luck with a high end A/B amp for the hell of it.
Could you reword ".The 2nd set of outputs on the amp,like in most situations, a sub box has 2 terminal cups and you can run a lead to each cup...If you have multiple subs...Etc..."
I'm not sure what you mean?
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
harobikes333 wrote:
tommy... wrote:

Yeah I know Class D is more effiecient..:/   I'm gna test my luck with a high end A/B amp for the hell of it.
Could you reword ".The 2nd set of outputs on the amp,like in most situations, a sub box has 2 terminal cups and you can run a lead to each cup...If you have multiple subs...Etc..."
I'm not sure what you mean?

LOL...After re-reading...That was kinda tough...! Basically i was saying that in most situations , there are 4 wires running from sub box...(one set from each terminal cup)...In other situations ,if you have multiple subs...It gives you a 2nd set of outputs...(instead of daisy chaining)...Why are you going w/ a "high end" class a/b...The actual reason...?(availibility...price...recommendation...?)

M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Did your installer friend tell you frequency response is better on a class a/b...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
harobikes333 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
to let everyone know what's up.
I have it all setup. My lights dim like a mofo of course. I'm getting a bigger alternator sooon :)
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic