icon

pro’s vs joe’s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
richl68 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
i dont have any rivers near my house where can i go upon purchasing some river rocks for my system?pro’s vs joe’s - Page 2 -- posted image.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

Roxbox?? pro’s vs joe’s - Page 2 -- posted image.

please dont say your going to try and market someting stupid like a box with "rocks" in it and try and call it a "Roxbox".

"Hey man, check out my new Roxbox!!! It ROCKS!!" (literally)

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody wanna design a single-long-crystal, silver wire-wound alternator with/for me? We can go to extremes and gold-plate the case, but the case'll have to be something exotic, too... Say Tungsten or Platinum. Lead-filled case walls for damping - can't let any vibrations get into in those expendy windings! Air bearings? Good, fast-recovery diodes in the bridge? Good Lord in Heaven, I'd be a bazillionaire overnight! A 17 kilobuck alternator! Mark my words, there WILL be an "Audiophile Alternator" at the CES soon. DYohn, et al, you will be my witness... Haemphyst thought of it first! 07.24.2009 Where's MY ROYALTIES?!?! For those of you that vouch, I'll share.
Sure all this is perfect, but worthless if you don't put AVGAS in the tank! I'm just sayin'... Seems to follow the same logic as a $3000 dollar power cord, or "Audiophile Outlets". Yes, they exist!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
icearrow6 wrote:
[QUOTE=DYohn]
My guess is that the box was loose and was loosing a lot of power because it was NEVER properly secured! The stones just added weight to keep the box from rattling.
The Memphis M1 is also only 150RMS.
Good point Ice
harobikes333 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
Uff this really is a new one I've never heard.   Rocks in the box?   Crazy stuff I tell ya.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

My front yard is a river...$10 bucks a truck load...Mounting of the sub-box should normally be incorporated in all systems...No joke about the river...!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

mike swanson wrote:
I just sent your post to Memphis and thay said they will start sending Rocks with all the PR subs in assorted packs. lol

No  more FREE shipping....

ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
HAHa dam, nice, I love the feedback. Airspace...wow..ya geez, why didnt I think of that..cmon....I WISH I didnt know any better. Amp, box and a booming I go, those were the good ol days. Knowledge is costly. Speakers on a 4ch amp bridged 240x2 , subs a dual 4.
This is what I do for FUN!
ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
LOL bolt down...deeper man deeper..marketing? Nooo I dont want money...thats free advice for the industry, Im non-profit based...
ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2009 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
The 3rd rock was the airspace clincher YES.... but before rock I tried MDF, oak, pine and pressure treated all in a multitude of volumes. With poly batting, without batting, reversed polarity, inverted, 3 different brands/wattages of class D amps, LP coils wound several different ways, LP rca inline filters in 5 different frequency's. I was hoping for a suggestion that I havnt tried. Iasca has judged 4 vehicles I've been honored to fine tune, (which aint saying much) but they believed my interpretation of the mobile standard was flawless to the human ear.(BFD considering source, but nice to hear) THX, IMSA Level 1&2, Light Brigade Fiber Optic, Bang and Olufsen, Arc, Nortel, Nextel and 3M certifications ranging in design, consultation, maintenance and installation, as well as NJATC/NEMA Journeyman degree's by trade in Pro A/V, Traffic Signal and Sound&Communication.   Ya, I need science to prove that my ears and knowledge are playing a joke on me.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic