icon

Box specs for 2 Kicker 15L7-2's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
x6369x 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2003 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
I am in the process of building a SPL monster for a friend w/ a 1999 Tahoe (2-door). It's got approximately 13+ cu ft of airspace.
He's getting 2 Kicker 15L7-2's powered by 2 Hifonics Brutus BX1000D's (1000X1 @ 1 ohm).
Here's the recommended Kicker enclosures:
Compact (sealed): 1.5 cu ft, -3dB @ 52/80 hz, 93 dB/m
SQ-0.707 (sealed): 6.0 cu ft, -3dB @ 35/80 hz, 90 dB/m
Compact (ported): 3.0 cu ft + port, -3dB @ 42/70 hz, 94 dB/m
Street Bass (ported): 4.5 cu ft + port, -3dB @ 34/60 hz, 94.5 dB/m
SPL/Deep Bass (ported): 6.0 cu ft + port, -3dB @ 30/60 hz, 94.5dB/m
Now to my question. Obviously the ported boxes have a higher efficiency than the sealed boxes, so I think I'm going to go that route. But which ported box? The guy mainly listens to hip-hop/rap, but he wants it to be loud, but clean.
Secondly, has anyone had experience in building bandpass boxes for Kicker Solobarics? I had experience using them in bandpass boxes when the Solo's first came out in the mid 1990's, but the 12" was the largest at the time.
Any thoughts?
Friends Don't Let Friends Bump Stock.
sufferrar 
Copper - Posts: 190
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
I'm in the process of looking for info on building a dual bandpass for 2 l5 kicker. I know someone who has done it with the circles 10" and worked real good. He eventually changed it to the L7 they they worked even better in that bandpass box.
i'm going to do the same ..but need the specs for it...
"I'm So Loud It Hertz"
Cletis 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
I am in the process of designing a box for one 12" L7.  I too am using kicker's specs to build the box.  At first I was going to build the SPL/Deep Bass enclosure, but afer talking to a few people I decided to go with the street bass.  One of my friends has one 10" L7 in a vented box and it pounds for just one ten,  So I think going vented is definitely the way to go, it's just up to you on how loud, and what kind of sound quality you looking for.
the_ph34red 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2003 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
if you're building a box for a kicker product, i'd definately use kicker specifications, i have a pair of 12" CVR's and a DX700 amp on them. I have a 2 CF vented enclosure in an extended cab F150 and hits nearly 150dB... not bad for the power/woofer combination... Now, a few things, you say you're building an "SPL Monster", use the SPL/Deep Bass enclosure, especially since he listens to mostly rap(which means lots of deep bass), Just remember to build the box carefully, because the enclosure you build is just as important as the woofer you are putting in it. Next Up, I wouldn't build a band-pass box for a pair of solobarics, not a big fan of band pass performance, in my opinion you'd be better off using a standard vented/sealed box, if you do it right, it will outperform a band pass, hands down. if you have any questions on dimensions or CF, e-mail me, i'll gladly help you out.
-Matt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic