icon

remote start woes.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
samrod 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
All, I have a Viper 5900 installed and working fine. With remote start (all works fine)I decided I wanted to add a additional trigger input to remote start my vehicle So lookinga the schematic I found a wire White with blue strip (Negative trigger)I test it by toggling a negative pulse. My vehicle starts fine....
However, my device supplying the negative trigger input is not a pulse. its a constant - negative. So after a little research I discover I need a DEI 528T (Pulse timer module) So I wire it up.. It does in fact Pulse out a single negative trigger for the set time. (testes and works)But, the end result? It does not start the vehicle I tested for a neg- pulse OK...I tested the alarm input a second time OK... tie them together? NADA...
The best I can figure is the 5900 requires perhaps a double -- pulse?
Any help or advice would be appreciated. Im brain washed.. Its been kicking my a?s now for 2 hours...
TIA!
Sam
SamRod
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
Humm, that is weird then.
Whatever way you have the 528T connected.....I guess that's kind of irrelevant if you're saying that its output makes a momentary ground when you activate it. You must have done it correctly.
Look in the programming menu for your 5900. I'm almost sure that the default for the WHITE/ blue is that it needs two pulses. I think you can reprogram it for three pulses.
NOT sure if you can reprogram it for single pulse, but the menu will tell you for sure.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
If you use that WHITE/ blue as a start trigger when you have separate (DEI) alarm and R/S, the factory default is 2 pulses. I BELIEVE(?) you can programme it to activate on one pulse.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of device...? Is this something that is done only in the car...(like push start...?) If so...Just wire up a toggle/momentary switch and flip/push it twice...! How/What exactly is your "device", and how do you want it to work...? You can take the wire directly to ground... Touch it once briefly to ground/chassis...Did it start...? Do the same w/ two touches to ground/chassis...Did it start...? Or read the manual...LOL...You said a constant single pulse started right...? How/What did you use to test output...? Maybe a relay in-line would boost ground signal(just a thought)
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

you can program the remotestarter to work off of a single pulse and then it should work.  and depending on how strong of an output your device sends to activate the starter you may need to use a relay to give it a stronger ground.

samrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
My device is a Thermostat that has an internal relay that can switch what ever I need Grnd, 12V etc.. Right now It controls a fan in the back of my truck when the temp falls below the set point it starts a fan... I thought heck I should just have it start my truck. So i tried to tie it into the 5900. But the best I can tell the 5900 needs more than 1 pulse. I dont think it can be programmed any other way I looked in the pgm manual. I don't have a relationship with Direced so I cant call them and most shops around me have not a clue.
so after testing and testing. the best I can come up with is 2 528t's. I would like the option for the car to self start. without any input from me via remote. I hope this addl information helps. right now I only have 1 528t Im going to order a 2nd one and try and chain them together to create a double pulse, any other ideas would be helpful
SamRod
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

This input comes from the factory set to 2 activation pulses. This means that it is necessary to have 2 consecutive

ground pulses on the WHITE/ blue wire for the remote start to activate or to deactivate. The same holds true

for the remote control activation when set to a two pulse setting it is necessary to press the button twice

for the remote start to activate or deactivate.

NOTE: When the activation pulse count can be programmed to 1, 2, or 3 pulses when changed it

will affect both activation inputs; the WHITE/ Blue wire and the remote control activation.

Solution...Menu 3 Option #8...Set to single pulse...And Voila...! All the stuff in bold is default settings...!

P>FEATURE ONE-CHIRP SETTING (DEFAULT) TWO-CHIRP SETTING

3-1 Engine checking ON Engine checking OFF

3-2 Engine checking TACH Engine checking VOLTAGE

3-3 Run time: 12 minutes (1) Run time: 24 (2) or 60 (3) minutes

3-4 Parking lights flashing Parking lights constant

3-5 Crank time: 0.6 seconds (1) 0.8 (2), 1.0 (3), 1.2 (4), 1.4 (5),

1.6 (6), 1.8 (7), 2.0 (8), 4.0 (9) sec.

3-6 Voltage check - high Voltage check - low

3-7 Short Run/Turbo–1 min. (1) 3 (2), 5 (3), 10 (4) min.

3-8 Activation pulse count–1 Activation pulse count: 2

3-9 2nd Ignition/Acc output: ignition Accessory

3-10 Acc state during wait to start: OFF ON

3-11 2nd status output: Normal (1) Rear defogger: latch 10 min. (2)/

pulse (3)

3-12 Anti grind: ON Anti grind: OFF

3-13 Diesel timer Wait-to-Start input (1) Timed 15 (2), 30 (3),

45 (4) seconds*

3-14 Timer mode—Timed Starts Temperature Starts

3-15 Run Time (Timer Mode) 12 minutes (1) 3 (2), 6 (3), 9 (4) minutes**

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N5301V_05-06post.pdf

M.E.C.P & First-Class
samrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
All,
Was out prgmg the Remot strt from 2 to 1.. I guess it helps to RTFM... geez I dont know how I missed that one. 5 hours later.... its tough getting old! But thanks everyone for your responces!!!
BTW what is the timer mode temperature starts?
SamRod
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
I am not real familiar w/ that unit...But on some,if the temp drops below a set degree...the car starts...Kinda like what your doing...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

3-14 TIMER MODE—TIMED STARTS/TEMPERATURE STARTS: The system will start every 3-hours until canceled

by the brake, hood, or neutral safety shut-down wires (a maximum of 6 times). The temperature start

mode will not start the vehicle unless the interior temperature of the vehicle is less than 0 degrees F. The temperature

start mode will exit after 18 hours. RTFM...LOL

M.E.C.P & First-Class

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic