icon

dei 515r w/507m , 506t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kophinos 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Python 991 w/glass break sensor (506T) installed in my vehicle and I have a battery backup siren (515R) and a tilt sensor I'd like to add on to the unit. From my research I've learned I would connect everything as follows:
Siren 515R
Red -> (+)12v
Black -> Ground
Violet -> (+)trigger (brown #3 on H1 harness of the 991)
Tilt Sensor 507M
Red -> (+)12v
Orange -> (-)Ground when armed (also orange on, wire #12 on the H1 harness of the 991)
Blue -> instant trigger ((-) trunk pin/instant trigger, #7 on the H1 harness of the 991)
Does this all look correct so far? I shouldn't have any problem splicing multiple sirens to the single brown (H1/3) of the 991 would I? Would I need to add a diode on the blue instant trigger for the 507 tilt sensor?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it looks correct! You may not have problems with multiple sirens right away but it would be advisable to run a relay of that siren wire, as the alarm really only is made to accomadate one! If there is currently a trigger input on that blue trigger wire you would need to diode these inputs, band facing away from alarm.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
kophinos 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
i went ahead and wired it as i said tonight without a diode on the instant trigger, however when the tilt triggers the remote pages "trunk open" which is to be expected because i have both the trunk trigger and the tilt on the same blue wire to the alarm CPU. could relocate the blue from the instant trigger of the H1 harness of the alarm and tap it into the blue of the glassbreak, so it will instantly trigger the alarm, but not page as "trunk open"?
kophinos 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
also, i assume the diode i would need to use is the 1N4001 1amp diode, correct?
jasonlipka 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
kophinos wrote:
i went ahead and wired it as i said tonight without a diode on the instant trigger, however when the tilt triggers the remote pages "trunk open" which is to be expected because i have both the trunk trigger and the tilt on the same blue wire to the alarm CPU. could relocate the blue from the instant trigger of the H1 harness of the alarm and tap it into the blue of the glassbreak, so it will instantly trigger the alarm, but not page as "trunk open"?
Yes, you can do that. The problem is as you said it is - you have the trunk pin and tilt trigger on the same input. Thus, when the brain receives a ground input on that terminal, whether it be from the tilt switch or the trunk pin, it is interpreting this as "trunk is open".
Either way you described will trigger the alarm, but using the instant trigger on the aux sensor port (where you currently have your glass break sensor hooked) won't signal the brain that the trunk is open.
Also, if you splice it into the glass break wire, there is no need to use a diode.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic