icon

key no longer works astrostar equipped

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2009 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
I would not reccommend pulling the battery wire off to "reset" incase it potentially resets the actual astrostart 613 then it would be near impossible for you to get it programmed again. Also with our astrostart units we offer a lifetime warranty on the install and unit no questions asked and would never discourage you from wanting a tech to look at the install you may want to speak with a manager there definately should make the install right for you no charge. I would get a ohm meter and check resistance accross the black chip in your key. Also check for continuity. I would NOT suggest you try and tackle your own fix. Unless you have a strong electrical and mechanical background this is no place for you to take over. To me it sounds like the security wiring has become disconnected. Look for a light in the dash that is orange / YELLOW in color that will blink SECURITY while trying to crank with the car off... If this is not blinking I would then lean more towards the key switch going bad especially after 2 years... I hope these suggestions help you get the install corrected! Someone spent their hard earned money on that you should get the astrostart quality, comfort and convienence that was paid for!
foodstick 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2009 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

Well I am leaning towards talking to the shop at this point, or  at least trying to!

Gonna have to get a day I can slip in there and take the wifes car, or at least get an appointment...

Thanks for all the help I think now maybe I will be able to get their attention with some of your ideas,

thanks,foodstick

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic