icon

dei 520 battery backup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Your back up battery is unable to maintain a charge. The ones I had problems with would show 12v , but once connected to the alarm system, they dropped below 6v. Definitely a faulty battery. I would take this unit out of the equation and hook the brain back up to constant 12v to the car for now.
dismay 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
The battery shows 12v out of the grey wire just fine, I'm saying that it also was putting out 6v of power on the wire that is supposed to be the 12v constant input from the vehicle.
dismay 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, it seems that the only thing I am able to do is turn the Valet mode on and off using the valet/led. All feature programing, remote learning routines, event history etc. are unavailable and unresponsive - no beeps, blinks, or anything else. I think my unit is shot :/
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

If the constant power wire in the vehicle is only showing 6v.. then it is connected to the wrong wire. Some power wires rest at 6v or so with ignition off..but once cranked and in run position it shows 12v. Some examples of these wires are door locks and power windows, air bag etc. However if you disconnect the cars 12v to the backup battery, and the power wire drops to 6v, then that tells me the backup battery cannot handle the current draw/hold a charge. Let me know what type of vehicle it is and I will look up the wire diagram.  The red power wire from the alarm should be connected to the grey of the 520t, and the red from the 520t should be connected to the car battery or constant 12v.

dismay 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think you understand. lets say the 520T is hooked up to the backup battery but out of the vehicle completely. On the grey wire you have 12V on the red wire between the battery and the module you have 12v. and on the red wire that would hook up to the vehicle you have 6v of power leaking back out from the battery pack.
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I got it.  If you are worried about current leaking out on that wire, you can place a diode with the band towards the module to allow current to only  travel in one direction.  This really shouldn't matter but you can do as a safety feature. Where did you get your alarm system? It could be the brain. 

dismay 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  
From Amazon, sigma enterprises, I'm now wondering, does anybody know how these alarm systems come packaged from DEI? is it supposed to be sealed, shrinkwraped, etc? mine didn't have any of that, I'm wondering if I was sold a refurbished or repaired unit that was supposed to be brand new...
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
Well either brand new or factory refurbished would be in original box. That is how all mine have been sent from ebay. I hope seller has a warranty or contact them and let them know you want your money..even if it cost 10$ to ship it back. Otherwise, you got taken by a bad seller and falsely advertising the product.
dismay 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
It was in the original box, but there was no kind of seal sticker/tape, or plastic shrink wrap.
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
Well who knows what they put in there. This could have been a previously returned item for the same problem you are now having. If it is brand new there should have been a sticker over the tab on the box.  The seller should have said it was opened in new box or never opened etc.  But like I said, it wouldn't hurt to double check all the connections and brainstorm it. It could always be something really simple or overlooked. But then again you sound competent and I would agree the unit is dead.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic