icon

07 dodge nitro remote start problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2009 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
first step in the programming instructions for the idatalink, is to select d2d or hardwired,(when first hooked up 1 flash is d2d, so if you have it d2d press and hold button till light turns solid green or (if you have it hardwired tap the button once to get 2 flashes then press and hold button until light turns solid green)then turn ignition on to complete programming)
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2009 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Progress!!!
I reset the bypass and programmed it to direct wire (and not D2D, tried that first but still didn't work)..
I got the locks working! :D
Problem now is the Compustar isn't accepting the tach signal from the bypass.. When I program it (start car, hold break, press remote start button) I get the three blinks and then one blink which is bad tach signal..
So I try running a wire directly to a tach signal (wire opposite BROWN / gray at coil) and it still says invalid. I even metered the tach wire and on AC on my meter with the vehicle running its at like .2V and when I hit the gas it goes up to 1.6V and higher..
I would really like to use no tach mode because I'm pretty sure this vehicle doesn't need one but effing compustar requires that freaking programmer hardware which I don't have to change that option..
Ideas?
Thanks!!
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2009 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
Scratch that.. I read the manual wrong.. That programmer is just needed for the special options section..
Going out now to try and go tachless.. Will report back!
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2009 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. Got it to program as tachless.. Now I can't get it to start as it acts like the ring wrapped around isn't programmed?
It just starts and dies.. However, if I remote start with a key in it will work..
If you look at the programming directions I didn't do the very thing at the top "Unplug both connectors from the transponder case" because I didn't know what the hell it was talking about..
However, I did do the rest of the directions and the vehicle will start if I insert the transponder in an empty key so that tells me it's programmed correctly, right?
07 dodge nitro remote start problems - Page 2 -- posted image.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have any ideas?
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
Someone, please help me out.. I don't know what could be the issue and it's getting cold here for my wife!
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
Bumping this up one last time to hopefully get some help..
Please guys.. I got everything wired and don't want to pull it all out.. I know it's gotta be something stupid..
mobiletint 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

If you have the cable to connect the module to USB and go to idatalink.com you can flash the new software they have the new CH5 firmware that bypass the transponder through data so you dont have to do the ring programming.

If your 5200 brain is a certain version it wont work 2way. They updated this brain a couple times and you might have one that is missing features.

If you live anywhere near NEPA I would help you in person.

mobiletint 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

If you got the extra transponder to program and have the plugs in the right places for its antenna one other tip is:

The ADS ring gives off a weak signal and the antenna wire end would need to be wrapped several times(at least five or more) around the key cylinder.

Im not sure what you have and have not done so far. If youre programming the transponder remember that sometimes it can take 30 seconds for the car to accept the new one.

tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
mobiletint wrote:

If you have the cable to connect the module to USB and go to idatalink.com you can flash the new software they have the new CH5 firmware that bypass the transponder through data so you dont have to  do  the ring programming.

If your 5200 brain is a certain version it wont work 2way. They updated this brain a couple times and you might have one that is missing features.

If you live anywhere near NEPA I would help you in person.

Thanks SOO much for the reply! I do have the cable to flash it. I have the ADS-DLSL CH3 am I able to flash that with the ADS-AL(DL)-CH5 (1.4) firmware?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic