icon

clifford matrix 50.5x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
choleaoum 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys! I was wondering, I had a installer install my alarm for my car but is really hard to get in contact of so I decided to take things into my own hands. I took out the alarm from a 02 Acura RSX and I'm swapping it into a 03 G35 Sedan. I noticed that there are 2 wires that I believe require a constant 12v. I'm not sure.. but there is a white wire, yellow wire, and etc.
RADIO 12V      WHITE/ red      +      radio
RADIO GROUND      black      -      radio
RADIO SWITCH      yellow/red      +      radio
RADIO ILLUMINATE      RED / black      +      radio
The red was hooked up the radio 12v, black was hooked up to the ground obviously, and I don't understand what wire would be hooked up into a radio switch or illuminate. I've been doing research for the past month, reading my manuals, and following the wires. I've been trying to follow the wires but they keep getting merged mixed in, and etc. So I'm kinda confused, and I have a multimeter, all the tools required. Can anyone help me figure out what wires would be hooked up to the radio switch and illuminate? And is it okay to hook up the other 12v wire (if it is..) with my other 12v wire?
I wired one of the 12v wires already, and grounded a wire. Alarm works fine, it senses shock, door trigger is wired in, and I have to wire the lock/unlock wire and then I'll have two other wires that I do not know where to wire.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry to post quickly but I have a picture that may help..
clifford matrix 50.5x - Last Post -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Correctly speaking none of those wires should have gone to the radio. Look to vehicle wiring for where they should go.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
I guarauntee you that these wires went to the radio.. lol. I'm OKAY with wiring but I'm not a guru but I'm pretty confident that those are the radio wires.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

What Howie is saying is that there are NO connections between an alarm system and a radio. 

He isn't saying that they didn't in your last car, he is saying they shouldn't.  And he is 100% correct.

If your last installer hooked up the alarm wires to the radio, you are better off not going back to him!

Your 12vdc wire should either go directly to the battery (with a fuse near the battery) or connected to the heavy gauge 12vdc feed under the dash (I believe it is white).

Kevin Pierson
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Oh no, I didn't mean it in any offensive way at all. I was just making sure that it is the radio harness. Regardless.. I found another 12v constant NEXT to that blue/white wire, it's a smaller gauge just like my red 12v gauge. I don't know, but my installer also has another red wire coming out of the primary harness. So there are like two 12v connections I guess? Should I wire both of them up? I'm fairly new at this but I got the gist of things.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry to sound  patronising or insulting but I've pointed you to a perfectly good wiring sheet for your Infinity on this site but you obviously know nothing about the wiring of your 50X so if you want PM me with your email address and I'll download it and email it to you.  If you already have one, stop and find a reputable installer in your vicinity and take your car there and let them do it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic