remote start integration '03 corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mindctrl 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all!
I hope this question has not been asked too much in the past. I have searched both on the forum and Google but cannot find an answer, so I wanted to ask the experts.
My wife has a 2003 Toyota Corolla. We have a baby coming December 1st, and so with all the snow out here, we need to put a remote start into her vehicle so that she can warm it up before we put the baby in.
Since we want to keep her car as stock as possible (it's our only car and I really don't want to go snipping wires here and there), I'd like to integrate a remote-start into the factory harness.
My Question:
Is there any way I can get a remote-start system which has a PLUG that I can simply connect between the factory wiring harness and the ECM/factory alarm module? I'm assuming there is a central location somewhere in the car where all the electric locks/flashers connect for the factory alarm system. What I want to do is simply get some type of a pass-thru adapter that would allow me to make a T-intercept between the factory wiring harness and the alarm module.
Any ideas? Suggestions? Comments? Clarifications?
Wise cracks to "go to an installer" or "hire someone else to do it if you don't wanna wire" are sooooo 2007 :)
Thanks in advance everyone. Looking forward to your replies.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Amazon link
Harness
You really searched on Google? I just tried "remote start t-harness" and got a lot of good results. The first link above has a T-harness for the ignition harness and a remote start included. The second link is for just the harness. You would still have to tap onto the parking lights, brake, tach and lock/unlock wires. I would be shocked if you could find something for those circuits.
I don't think I would recommend the Bulldog remote start. It is definitely a lower quality unit. You know what you want to use for a remote start yet?
You may want to lose the attitude at the end of your post. You rarely find people with that attitude in this forum.
mindctrl 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
My apologies for the attitude - my gratitude for the links!
I wasn't searching for the right terms - I was basing my searches off "integrating remote start into factory system."
Thanks for the help :) Do you have any recommendations for a solid, yet basic remote start system?
I would rather not have two remotes (one for starter, one for remote unlock) so I'm guessing I'll have to buy a security system with remote starter capability. Any thoughts?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
There are lots of remote start units out there that control the doorlocks without having an alarm. I have always been a fan of Compustar myself. I only do a few remote starts a year now that I don't work in the industry anymore, but I always use Compustar. I like the 2W900-FM if you just want a 1-way remote, and the 2W900FM if you want a 2-way remote. If you get the 2-way, I highly recommend getting the protective case they sell for it (about $10 or so). The 1BAM-S looks like a good unit as well, but I have never used it. Search on ebay or compustar.com and you can see what they look like.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
take a look at DEI stuff too    i do alot of Avital 4103   nice unit
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic