icon

dei 529t window/sunroof module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lowrnu 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2009 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged  

Has anyone ever tried to add one touch to this module? I think if you diode isolate the trigger inputs, wired with there coresponding ground when active outputs, this could be achieved with the (-) motor wire for that function. I will try a few things to see if I can find a way to make this happen, and if sucessful, will provide better details. Worst case scenario, I can use relays to control grounds using +12 from the sunroof motor power to control this function, but that's a last case scenario.

P.S. I have both the 529T and the 530T installed in my 91 Integra and I love the auto close feature and the one touch on BOTH up and down on both windows, but I want to extend the convenience to the sunroof without forking out MORE cash, if I can.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2009 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
I seem to remember another way to do Honda roofs:-  Turn on your ignition then  run a ground to the the wires at the switch.  Do this via a test bulb or DMM.  The roof should either close from tilt or slide or open from closed.  If that's the case, find the two roof relays, one wire, I think GREEN/ YELLOW (it's 10 years since I've done this) is the ignition supply to these relays. Make that permanent and the roof will work all the time.  All you have to do then is use two aux outputs from your alarm, one to the close wire and one to the open, make the close wire timed and that's it.  One shot closing with venting and no relays, timers or 529 t required.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 06, 2009 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  

As long as the motor doesn't rest at ground it may work.  If they do rest at ground you may be able to take the (+) motor signal and invert it to a (-) to feed it back to the module.

Kevin Pierson
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2009 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Kevin, the wires at the switch as I remember them were low current neg triggers. All I did was to feed the relays to make them permanent, in fact I only did this to the closing relay and back then it always worked with no flat battery issues.  The relay only draws when the switch is activated, all the ign ition feed does is to act as an interlock so it only works with the ignition on normally.
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2009 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  

lowrnu wrote:
I want to extend the convenience to the sunroof without forking out MORE cash, if I can.

I know you said you didnt want to spend more money, but sell the 529t and install a 530 in it's place. That is what I did with my previous 90 and 91 Honda Accords, for the same exact reason you want: to have one touch open/close.

lowrnu 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2009 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

As long as the motor doesn't rest at ground it may work.  If they do rest at ground you may be able to take the (+) motor signal and invert it to a (-) to feed it back to the module.

I'm 99% sure the motor wires rest at ground, so like you're suggesting, I'm probably going to have to use a couple of relays to convert the +12 side of the motor leads to (-) for the triggers on the 529T. I have 7 spare SPST relays looking right at me for something to do, so I'm going to do that, since I already have the 529T module installed. Thanks for all the input, as I could find anywhere else where this issue/idea had been addressed.

lowrnu 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2009 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Kevin, the wires at the switch as I remember them were low current neg triggers. All I did was to feed the relays to make them permanent, in fact I only did this to the closing relay and back then it always worked with no flat battery issues.  The relay only draws when the switch is activated, all the ign ition feed does is to act as an interlock so it only works with the ignition on normally.

Actually, on this specific application, the sunroof motor is directly wired to the sunroof switch, making it a type A control method. There aren't any relays controlling the power to this particular motor. This switch is a polarity reversing on-off-on switch, with full circuit load applied to the switch.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks lowrnu, for answering my original post, use your 529t.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic