avital 4103 rear defrost wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swak 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

chev104275 wrote:
if the locks work with the remote then they should be able to change those settings to make it do what you want

Thanks for all the replys hope to get back there this week to get locks and defroster fixed.

swak 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

Update:  My installer added a relay to make the rear defroster come on with the remote start  and it works but only a slight issue is that it now needs to be turned off manually.

One Remaining issue is the auto door lock with ignition feature I want.  the installers say my 2009 Cobalt does not have an ignition wire to connect to the Avital remote start, they say it is all done by resistance, I don't totally understand this, and hope someone has a solution?

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
The ignition switch on the Cobalt (and other late model GMs) does use resistance for the key sense, start, and some ignition circuits.
Normally I'll use a bypass module that connects to the resistance wire, but I'll also connect the conventional ignition/accessory wire from the switch.
It may be possible that they've installed the remote starter using the resistance wire alone. I've heard of late-model Malibus starting and running without power to the ignition switch, and the only thing abnormal was that the gauges didn't work. There's no reason to think that the same couldn't be done on a Cobalt.
Anyway, if the shop hasn't done it yet, have them connect to the yellow wire from the ignition switch, and program ignition controlled locking on. That will give you the ignition controlled door lock option you want.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
swak 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the quick reply! 
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic