remote start in a 2000 honda accord ex

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tehpopa 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone,
I've done a few searches on the google and on the board and I haven't found a definitive answer on this. I've got a 5301 I received as a gift. I'd like to install it in my car, and I am aware I need an immobilizer bypass. I saw the 556H/HW does this and works in my car. However, I've seen other places that say the XK02 will bypass the immobilizer as well as do the locks and trunk if I use a D2D cable. Can someone confirm that? I just don't want to order the 556HW if it's going to be redundant. Thanks
TL;DR: Does the XK02 work as an immobilizer bypass using D2D?
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

i am not to familiar with dei bypasses, but it looks like you will need the XK05 for the immobilizer and the XK02 for the locks and whatever else it does

if you go with the idatalink ADS DL interface, the one will do it all

tehpopa 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. Any idea if it's possible to daisy chain D2D devices? Like if I were to get an XK02 and an XK05, would they be able to connect at the same time via D2D? Or would one need to be W2W?
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
tehpopa wrote:
Thanks for the info. Any idea if it's possible to daisy chain D2D devices? Like if I were to get an XK02 and an XK05, would they be able to connect at the same time via D2D? Or would one need to be W2W?
can't daisy chain them. you'd be better off cost and install wise getting an all in one bypass
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2009 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
ADS (idatalink.com) seems to be the only company right now that makes an all-in-one bypass for most Hondas. Go to their site and see if they have one for your car.
Besides that, though, the doorlocks and factory arm/disarm are available in the passenger's fuse box. I've never bothered with the extra cost of a doorlock module for that car.
If you get everything in the passenger fuse box, be aware that the car's going to unlock at the beginning of remote start, then relock immediately after it starts........also, it's going to unlock all four doors at once, instead of the driver's door first.
tehpopa 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, due to time constraints and luck I've ended up with two XK units. I got screwed by the place I had ordered the ADS unit from and it wasn't going to ship out until next week. I randomly checked ebay and found a guy about 50 miles from me that sells the XK units. I've got the XK02 and the XK05 on the way now.
Anyway, to the question I have. I'm fine doing W2W on the XK05 and D2D on the XK02. Does anyone know if I can get a Y link cable for these? I found a 5 pack of them online, but I just want to make sure they work with these. Anyone know? Thanks :)
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

wire the xk02 up D2D

then basically wire up the XK05 seperate, you should be good to go

I just did a 04 jetta today, used the blade AL for the data stuff and used the DEI 556U for the immobilizer, I kept everything seperate

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
The accord is one of the most straight forward cars to do. The XK02 is only gonna give you lock and unlock. It will not open your trunk and it will not give you door triggers. Idatalink also doesn't have an all in one module for the 2000 accord. It only provides the bypass anyway. You need to go to the websites and verify what it will do for you. That car is very easy. The door locks and door triggers are at the passenger fuse box. This is what xpresskit has on that car with the module.
      W2W
      DL-Arm Factory Security
      DL-Disarm Factory Security
      DL-Door Lock Control
      DL-Door Unlock
      DL-Trunk / Hatch Release(MAYBE)
      D2D
      DL-Arm Factory Security
      DL-Disarm Factory Security
      DL-Door Lock Control
      DL-Door Unlock
      DL-Trunk / Hatch Release
      FOB- CAN alarm control w/FOB remote
      SS-CAN Alarm control w/ FOB remote
      ST-Door Locks Status
now...is that XK02 worth it?? Wiring the module will take you more time then actually doing the connections the analog way.
tehpopa 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  
It's more about getting it installed with time to spare. It's getting cold out, I have no garage, and I work days and nights. I have this weekend off and if an XK02 does what it says it does, then I save time and can get this done quicker.
Not that I don't believe what you're saying about the XK02 not doing the trunk release, but can you point me to the location you got that information?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
If you look at the installation manual you have to find two wires to connect to in the car. The door lock wires are basically two wires too. In this application you are just investing in something that will not speed up your install. The trunk release is in the kick panel along the wiring that goes to the back. You can get your trunk release, brake wire, and parking light there if you want. The door locks and door triggers are the fuse box. These modules are helpful and speed up the install when they give you door triggers, disarm, and trunk release.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic