icon

2008 chevrolet express van

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ozofoe 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2009 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Also trying remote start on the 08 Chevy Express Van. No crank/start wire under dash or at harness. I'm trying to find under hood wire that is closed during crank.
Another closed post, that I could not reply to states below for crank.
This is what directechs shows.
Starter     purple     +     under dog house, left side of engine compartment
I'm more of a computer hardware tech than a mechanic. Is the dog house the engine compartment hood/lid, or is it something else in the engine compartment?
If anyone has finished this vehicle and knows where the live crank and ignition are, it would be a huge help. These new models are challenging. Thanks. I'm about to give up.
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2009 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
PKUGM2X you need to use this bypass to install the starter. follow the install manual.
PKUGM2X bypass
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
ozofoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2009 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
Im using Xpresskit DLPK bypass. It does have good directions as to finding the wires at the key and ignition barrel, and those connections went smooth. IGN, ACC, V-data, V ref, CAN SW.
The Audiovox/Prestige APS-997a remote start wants a direct link to START and IGN2. The bypass does not need or identify them.
I thought the DLPK was the replacement and backward compatible with PKUGM2X. Xpresskit compatability chart on website told me to use the DLPK. I did find another site telling me to use PKUGM2X, and it looked like it was discontinued. Thanks.
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2009 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
which wire from the starter did you connect to the dlpk and the alarm/starter 997 ??? you see that modules does everything upon seeing ignition and accessory dropping the car will crank automaticly. I always use the pkugm2x for those cars staight forward install.
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

2008 and up Express do not get a connection for starter to make them remote start. It knows to crank from data at the switch, which is supplied from your bypass. The purple under the doghouse is for starter kill relays only....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ozofoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
The pkugm2x has been discontinued. You guys sound educated, more so then the guy at my local shop who wanted to sell me an Omega IM06. That might work for a 06. The big diff is the transponder wire/loop.
During programming of the DLPK, when I turned the key off (last step), the car immediately started and a check theft deterrent light/message came up. Engine will stay running until I put the key in, and then dies. Turning key to crank restarts or removing the key starts car. I programmed a couple times to same result. I double checked the wire chart and everything looks good. Any thoughts?
The replacement module for the pkugm2x is the PKUCG2X. Should I try that bypass, or further troubleshoot my DLPK?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic