icon

09 pontiac vibe remote starter issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
Doing an 09 Vibe using a compustar starter.. I have two ignition wires connected, one starter (can't find another).. I didn't install a bypass as this car doesn't in immobilzer (no flashing light on dash)..
When I do a RS I hear the relays click but nothing happens in the car.. It doesn't try to crank or anything. I tested all the connections and they test good.
I programmed the tach it's just not cranking.. I double checked all wiring and it's solid..
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2009 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
Let me add that the blower and stuff does turn on and the lights on the dash do light up.. It just doesn't attempt to crank.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2009 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Test those two ignition wires while activating the remote starter, and make sure that neither one is dropping out when the the remote starter tries to crank.......maybe you have one powered up as an accessory instead of ignition, by mistake.
Also, even if you feel sure it doesn't have a tranpsonder, try the remote start while leaving a key in the ignition in the Off position.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2009 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
I figured it out.. I found the second starter wire (black) and connected it via relay..
It remote starts now but it seems like it is holding the crank down the entire duration even when it's running! I learned the tach successfully so it's not making sense to me..
Also, no dash lights come on until after I put the key in turn to on and hit the break and then the cranking sound goes away too.. It doesn't sound like it's OVER cranking just like if you would start the car with the key and constantly hold it as if you were turning it over..
Ideas?
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2009 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
It kinda sounds like you have a starter powered up as an ignition and a ignition powered up as a starter. It would be a good idea to double check your ignition wires with a meter while your remote starting the car. I hope this helps.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2009 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
What it was is that the white starter wire tests like an ign wire (has voltage on on, start, and running).. When I tied in the relay to the 2nd starter (the black wire) I used the white starter wire to activate.. Well it was sending voltage to the black starter wire during run (which tested correctly - voltage at crank only)..
Once I sent just crank to the 2nd start wire it worked like a treat..
mtsmike 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
having trouble with the same problem on a vibe im working on. wondering if you can explain how you went about hooking up the relay.to get this vibe to crank from the remote. if you can help i would appreciate it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic