the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Honda Odyssey Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2011 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
yes just use one or theother. NOT both.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
ngooo 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2011 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  

Another question for the experts, i found this post regarding defroster connection for the Acura TL, can the same be said for the Odyssey?

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=123678&tpn=1&PN=1

JoeBubba:

The rear defog on the TL is a 40 amp circuit.

There is another way which I think is much better because it simply triggers the rear defog exactly as if you pushed the rear defog switch in the car. This allows the MICU to control the timing and it will auto shut off at 15 minutes.
The only pain is that you have to take the center console apart and get access to the back of the Display Control Unit (behind the navi screen) and the green 16-pin connector that has the rear defog switch wiring. You'll need a relay:
85 -200mA pulsed from viper (wire #5 of the remote start aux output)or H2/16 if you have the new harness
86 +12V
30 tapped to black wire on defog switch (or any ground)
87 tapped to yel wire on defog switch (D7).
Now, anytime you remote start the car and the temp is below 55 degrees, the unit will trigger the rear defog and the timing will be controlled by the car's computer (MICU). It's exactly the same as pushing the defog switch.

ngooo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2011 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Folks,

So, i went ahead and installed the viper 5904 + Xpresskit Dball. quite a bit of work, but everything works.  I have only run into one issue so far, the dash light fuse keeps blowing.  I am thinking there are two possible causes:

Parking light wire, i used the red black wire of what i think is the light switch harness, white connector in the steering column.  I did, set the viper to negative polarity.  When i use the starter/alarm, the lights work fine, but have read using wrong wire could lead to blowing dash lights.

The other possibility is that i have read at other sites(audiovox & bulldog), there is an accessory 2,which i connected, but according to post 2 by monty77, he doesn't list the accessory 2. Is the accessory 2 even required?

ngooo 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

tested the parking light wire again, it was positive, read it was supposed to be negative.  Bulldog said RED / black wire at the wiper switch would be negative, and i tested that, but it was positive as well.  I gave up on finding a negative parking light wire. everything works fine now.

And if anyone reads and wonders what the 2nd accessory is for, its the dvd/navi on the touring.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic