icon

72 series ultra start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bowtorc 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

MY\y new system was working but thelock unlock button s worked opposite of what they should and then the ground wires were ground wire was pulled loose. After reconnecting  there is no reponse to resetting or reprogramming. The led in the transmitter, the parking lights and horn do not respond?  I have tried resetting several time as well as tach learnwith no results..

\\)3 dodge ram diesel

Thaanks

roger
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  

I am not sure I understand completely.  You have an Ultra Start U1272 installed into a 2003 Dodge Ram P/U.  It was working fine with the exception of the Lock/UnLock buttons did the opposite function.  Then, somehow the U1272's ground wire came loose.  When you re-attached it, nothing worked anymore?   You tried doing a System Reset (cycle key on/off, on/off, on then press & release antenna Program button once, press and hold 5 secs) but it didn't work.  Do you hear the U1272's relays click when you press the Lock or UnLock button?  I am assuming the trunk still starts with the key normally.

I would start with the basics.  Double check that you are attached to a solid ground.  Verify that both fuses in the U1272 red main power wires are good.  Make sure that the antenna is plugged securely into the blue connector ( as well as all the other plugs.  There was a Tech bulletin out on the white 9 pin plug not having a retaining latch on the connector, allowing it to work loose and cause problems.)  The small 2 pin white plug is Ground and Parking Lights.

If all of that looks good, try removing the fuses, counting to 20 and re-inserting them.  The lights should flash and the horn should beep.  If that works, try a button on the remote.  If you get no response, double check the antenna connections.  Try going into Service/Valet mode.  (Turn key to On but don't start the truck, press and hold the antenna Program button for 8 to 15 seconds.  The horn should honk 2 or 5 times.  That will let you know that the brain and antenna are OK.

As far as the Lock/UnLock functions being reversed, your truck has a one wire system and has both R/S outputs going thru resistors to the same wire in the driver kick panel.  The green and blue wires from the U1272's Lock/UnLock harness need to be reversed.

Soldering is fun!
bowtorc 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  

Wow

This is my first post and I have never seen such rapid and detailed response. I'll give it all a try. and get back with results.

Thanks

roger
bowtorc 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

I think I have half of the problem resolved. There is no 12 volt supply to the constant 12 volt wire pink/black on the steering column. Ther was when I wired it but not now. I have checked all of the fuses under the hood but all seem to be ok. Is there something I am missing? also the buzzer does not go off with the key in and the door open?

Thanks

roger

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic