icon

06 grand cherokee airbag check engine lt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrcustomcar 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
I just did a remote start in a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee using the Fortin EVO-CHR and THAR-CHR2.
I made all connections as per instructions, using Data-link.
The heater controls don't work when remote started, like the "accessory" function isn't working.
The check engine light comes on when remote started. Clear the code, start with key, no light. RS again and light comes on.
And lastly, the Airbag light is on.
I connected the (+) start wire and the MUX wire from the module.
It remote starts and runs fine, it's just these 3 issues.
I just did an 07 Wrangler using the same module and didn't have any of these issues. The only problem was alarm going off when remote starting. This one didn't have the (+) start wire nor did I connect the MUX wire.
Also, what are you guys doing as far as parking light wires for these vehicles? I didn't use them, as I got the power right from the ignition switch.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you're not powering an accessory or ignition wire!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

Sounds like you're not powering an accessory or ignition wire!

Sounds right. Usually if you don't power up the IGN wire it won't start, but it is pink if you didn't power that up.
Check your resistance values for the ACC wire.
jrcustomcar 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
this vehicle only has the 2 ignition wires. one is a +12v which is powered by my second ignition from the remote start. the second is a multiplex (-) that, without this bypass module, would need to see different resistances to ground for different functions. the MUX wire controls the ignition, starter, and I believe it should also control the accessory.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like something isnt wired into the bypass correctly,i know i datalink says their ch3 firmware only does mux start not mux ign/acc, verify your installation instructions as fortins is probably the same therefore your heat wouldnt work and you would get lights as your technically no powering up acc, 2nd ign without hardwiring it
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
yet their instructions say you must hook up the positive starterinput to the bypass in order fro the mux circuit to work? i would contact fortins tech services and seek their advice/input as ive contacted idatalink and theyve been extremely helpful in all my installs goodluck
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
The check engine light is happening because of the mux wire. Look into that wire and you will see that it is the problem. BTW there is a different manual for 2005-2007 Cherokees. The problem more then likely lies with the diagram you used.
https://ifar.ca/download/1949/evo-chr_jeep_grand_cherokee_%282005-2007%29.rev-a.pdf

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic