icon

dei 545t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tegguy 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

Alright so I am thinking about purchasing the 545T for the automatic headlights but I have one question. I am installing a remote start also I know the 545t taps into the ignition circuit to tell when you have the key in. When I remote start the vehicle won't it activate this circuit also turning on the 545T? Is it possible to install a relay in the circuit so the alarm can remote start the vehicle but only enable the 545t when the key is in the run position?

I will be honest I don't have the module yet and I can not find a manual of the install anywhere so I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I am trying to keep my headlights off untill I put the key in the ignition or disarm the alarm (if I turn this feature on with the 545T)

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
What is the exact make and model of the remote start? What is the make/model/year of the vehicle?
You might be able to open the ignition input to the 545T using a status output from the remote start. You might also be able to use the keysense in the vehicle to activate the 545T.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
tegguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry forgot that 1992 Acura Integra with the Viper 5901
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
There are a bunch of ways to get it to turn off when running on remote start but it depends on your preference...do you want it to come on only when the key is in the ignition? If so you could wire a relay activated by the keysense wire in the vehicle, controlling the ignition input to the 545T.
The polarity of the keysense wire would determine how to wire the relay but I am pretty sure the Acura uses a negative keysense wired like:
Pin 85: negative keysense wire in vehicle (I am pretty sure it is the blue/white wire in vehicle's harness but my notes don't cover the '92)
Pin 86: Ignition input to relay
Pin 30: Ignition input to relay
Pin 87: Ignition output to 545T
If it is a positive keysense you would need to wire it like this:
Pin 85: Positive keysense wire in vehicle
Pin 86: Ground
Pin 30: Ignition input
Pin 87: Ignition output to 545t
The problem with this setup is that the relay would be on the whole time the key is in the cylinder and the ignition is on. If it were me, I would probably wire it up using the status output from the remote starter. Wired like:
Pin 85: Status Output from RS (blue or blue/white or even yellow ignition three negative output from that Viper unit)
Pin 86: Ignition Input
Pin 30: Ignition Input
Pin 87A: Out to Ignition input of 545T
Wiring it this way, the relay would only be activated while the remote start is activated. It will disconnect the ignition input to the 545T while the vehicle is running under Remote start and reconnect the wire when the remote start is off.
Hope this helps.
tegguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz wrote:
Pin 85: Status Output from RS (blue or blue/white or even yellow ignition three negative output from that Viper unit)
Pin 86: Ignition Input
Pin 30: Ignition Input
Pin 87A: Out to Ignition input of 545T
Wiring it this way, the relay would only be activated while the remote start is activated. It will disconnect the ignition input to the 545T while the vehicle is running under Remote start and reconnect the wire when the remote start is off.
Hope this helps.

Great idea. Your good. Now my question is I believe this module can turn on the headlights when you disarm the alarm or arm the alarm and keep them on for a certain amount of time but with the remote start activated this wouldn't work but I should be able to simply use another relay to use this feature so it will turn the headlights on when the alarm is disarmed wether the remote start is on or not correct?

Twelvoltz 
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
I have only installed a handful of these modules and don't recall ever utilizing the orange wire as most were installed without any type of security system or remote start. Hopefully someone else in the forum can speak on this but I am pretty sure the orange wire controls the timer circuit so it probably operates independently of the ignition input.
tegguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
So your saying the orange wire might bypass the ignition switch and pull directly off the 12v constant and go through the lighting circuit

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic