1996 honda civic w/nordicstart ns 1054

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ohmare_q 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2010 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I successfully installed my remote starter but I ran in to a few snags. The first is when I use the remote start to start my car the heater/blower doesn't turn on. I've looked in to it and I've found two different schematics one being: Wiring 1 and the second being here : Wiring 2 under wiring Diagrams and Honda Civic. The one posted here says the Accessory wire should be WHITE/ Black the other one says it should be Yellow.....
The second problem I'm having is that I can't get the keyless to work. I can't locate the wires. Does anyone know exactly where they might be? Thanks you all so much for your help.
ohmare_q 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2010 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
BTW make/model : 1996 Honda Civic EX
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2010 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Why not power both? If you don't have two separate outputs on the starter post back i'll tell you what to do! The Control module for the locks in a civic of that era should be in the driver' s door. The box is dedicated to power locks so, the trigger wires are the two thinnest gauge wires amongst them, can't remember colours off hand! Actuator motor wires are WHITE/ red and yellow/red, if memory serves right!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
ohmare_q 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
What do you mean power both? I have no idea where to look on the starter, could you please expand on that? The control module for the keyless would be in the drivers door, is this correct? Thanks
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  

i believe there is a 16 pin white plug in the drivers kickpanel, the doorlock wires are GREEN/ orange and GREEN / WHITE, if you are looking straight at the connector one wire is at the very top left of it and the other is right below it

you should only have to power Ignition 1 and ACC 1 in this car, IGN 1 is BLACK / YELLOW and ACC 1 is Yellow, there will be a WHITE/ black wire there to that will test as ACC, wire this as ACC 2 and see if you can get the climate controls working

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
Power both accesory and ignition circuits! As 05gt said!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
ohmare_q 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! Everything is up and running now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic