icon

2003 mustang door locks don't work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stangfever2846 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2003 mustang mach 1 5-spd with power door locks and keyless entry.  I installed a viper 5002 alarm and my door locks don't lock and unlock with the alarm remote.  They work fine with the door lock button and with the oem keyless entry remote.  I wired them using the diagram c (directly-wired reversing-polarity switch circuits) from the viper manual.  The 5002 alarm comes with built in door lock relays so I cut the factory light green door lock wire and connected the ground side to 87A and the motor side to 30.  I did the same to the factory purple door unlock wire.  87 on both relays went to +12v constant.  Is this correct?  On the viper website it said that I needed a PKFM PATS override module.  I haven't connected this yet because I don't plan on using remote start(5 spd car).  Do I still need to connect this module?  Will this module fix my door lock problems or is there some door lock specific module that I need to buy to remedy my situation?

Thanks in advance!

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

this module will not fix you doorlock issue

your car is postive doorlocks ,you shouldn't be cutting anything

violet and violet/black to fused 12 volts, GREEN/ black to your lock wire in the car and blue/black to your unlock wire in the car

stangfever2846 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the quick response.  Leave it to me to make things more complicated than what they really are!  So then I don't need to install the PATS override module at all?
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
the pats module will only be used to remote start this car, it does nothing else
stangfever2846 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help with the door locks, they work great now.!  Also I guess i'll be putting the PATS module up for sale on ebay since I have no use for it. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic