icon

progressive unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nrose 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I have a 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab and I recently installed a Viper 5901, with a Fortin INT-SL module.  Everything is functioning correctly except that I can not get the progressive unlock function to work properly (first press opens driver door, second opens the rest).  I have wired the primary door unlock to "Unlock Driver 1" and wired the auxillary unlock to "Unlock Driver 2" on the Fortin module.  I changed the "2nd Unlock" programming in the 5901 to "2nd Unlock on Ign-Control after first unlock" and have checked to ensure that the door pulses are set to Single.   All my doors unlock on the first push of the unlock button.

Does anybody have any other recommendations or ideas on how to make this work?

Thanks a million for any information!

mjq013 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
i have a 2003 chevy silverado, the remote door opener isnt working, and when i tried to unlock with the key that didnt work either, did anyone incounter this before, and where can i get a new fob if mine isnt working, thanks
nrose 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

mjq013 wrote:
i have a 2003 chevy silverado, the remote door opener isnt working, and when i tried to unlock with the key that didnt work either, did anyone incounter this before, and where can i get a new fob if mine isnt working, thanks

you have sort of a different problem than I am looking at....first I would try changing the batteries in the remote.....then maybe take it apart and clean it as I've seen the buttons fail when extremely dirty inside.  If its a factory remote then you will need to see a dealer to test that one or get a new one

misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
nrose, try just hooking up primary unlock. the module should unlock drivers door upon the first pulse and then unlock the rest on the second pulse of the same wire!
elevatorguy 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have been looking at GM bypass features for an upgrade I am going to do on my TrailBlazer, and as far as I remember that Fortin piece doesn't do progressive unlocking.
nrose 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
I cut the auxillary unlock wire and check programming to make sure it was set to Single Pulse and it still unlocked all doors on first push.
misterjimbo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
elevatorguy wrote:
I have been looking at GM bypass features for an upgrade I am going to do on my TrailBlazer, and as far as I remember that Fortin piece doesn't do progressive unlocking.
the flcan will do progressive unlock as will the xk01 on the trailblazer...
misterjimbo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
nrose wrote:
I cut the auxillary unlock wire and check programming to make sure it was set to Single Pulse and it still unlocked all doors on first push.
sorry, I do not have experience with the fortin modules. I use the idatalink modules and have zero issues with priority locks. SOrry I could not be of more help
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  

hey nrose, i use tons of fortin modules. just a heads up, the int-sl doesnt do driver priority unlock, then second stage passenger unlock. The unlock driver 1 and 2, is used for memory selection driver. that means if there are 2 people driving this truck, they can each have their own settings such as steering wheel placement and seat adjustment (if they are powered of course).

so lets say your driver one. You would hook up the aux 1 to unlock driver 1. When you unlock it will adjust to your settings.

and if the other is driver 2, they can have the aux 2 wired up to unlock driver 2. so their settings are preset when they enter the vehicle.

hope this helps you.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
if you really wnat driver priority, you will wire up the driver priority unlock out from the rs and use relays to tag the lock motor wires in the door. Then you will use the second unlock output from the unit and connect that to unlock input of the INT-SL. this is the only way to have a two stage unlock.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic