icon

2005 honda odyssey xpresskit canmax400dei

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
liamkim 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a Viper 5301 remote starter with the Canmax400dei bybass kit and in the instructions it shows the three wires to the immobilizer but one to the Single wire CAN in the driver's kick panel. I don't know where to find this Single wire CAN. It is a 2005 Honda Odyssey, instructions from Xpresskit.
http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=1086&productid=82&firmwareid=-1
"11 Green - - Connect to the single wire CAN in the driver’s kick panel. Single Wire CAN"
Ciao
willy
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
if the wire is to control door locks and arm disarm, they may be talking about the door data wire...instructions are kinda vauge... but if they are talking about this wire here it is
2005 honda odyssey xpresskit canmax400dei -- posted image.
liamkim 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2010 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
metz35 wrote:
if the wire is to control door locks and arm disarm, they may be talking about the door data wire...instructions are kinda vauge... but if they are talking about this wire here it is
2005 honda odyssey xpresskit canmax400dei -- posted image.
Does that mean that one wire will control the door locks, alarm and sliding doors and I don't have to hook up the other wires?
Ciao
willy
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2010 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
never used a canmax try reading the instructions to see what it does and doesnt do
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 16, 2010 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
Most older Hondas have two types of databus systems. Well, I'm not familiar with the correct terms....data? CAN? But anyway it's like this:
1. There are some wires coming down the steering column, coming from the black module that sits around the keyhole. You need to connect there to bypass the anti-theft immobilizer when starting.
2. There's also a wire that comes from the driver's power window/doorlock switch, comes into the car's interior, and plugs into the driver's fuse box. That wire carries the data signals to control the doorlocks, factory alarm, and sliding doors.
It's the wire/plug metz35 posted for you. It's fairly easy to find---just open the door, wiggle the rubber boot, and you'll see the same wires wiggling around inside the car the fuse box.
(The power window switch is also the receiver for the factory keyless entry, in case you were wondering.)
3. If you don't connect the wires listed in #1, remote start won't work.
If you don't connect the wires listed in #2, the locks won't work from the aftermarket remote.
liamkim 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2010 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys.
Wasn't sure exactly what the CAN wire controlled since the information on the instruction manual is very, very vague. I think you have to have access to the directech.com site to be able to get all the detailed information. Anyone have access?
From what I can see from the electrical schismatics on the Honda database is that that wire controls the locks, alarm, sliding doors and much more. I'm just not sure if the Canmax 400 is going to communicate with all of those fuctions or just the doors and lock. I'm wondering about the Xpreskit controlling the parking lights, brake signal, horn and hood switch.
Ciao
willy
b1inuk 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

Same question as Willy on the CAN wire, plus…to wire up the H3 harness on a Viper 5701 or Python 872 (DEI makes both), does the following look right?

H3/1 PINK – (+) Ignition 1 input/ output IG1 - BLK/YEL??

H3/2 RED / WHITE – (+) 30a fused ignition 2/flex relay, pin 87, input. BATT - WHITE
H3/3 ORANGE – Accessory output. IG2 - BLK/RED?? (even though the documentation calls this wire “accessory”, IG2 powers the climate control)
H3/4 VIOLET – Starter output. START - BLK/WHT toward starter
H3/5 GREEN – Starter input. START - BLK/WHT toward ignition switch
H3/6 RED – 30 amp fused Ignition 1 relay input. BATT - WHITE
H3/7 PINK/WHITE – Ignition 2 flex relay output. ACC - WHT/RED?? (might have to reprogram as Accessory?)
H3/8 PINK/BLACK – 87a of Ignition 2/Flex relay. NOT USED
H3/9 RED / BLACK – 30a fused accessory/starter relay input BATT - WHITE

I know from the Honda service manual that the ignition switch wire colors are:

BATT - WHITE
ACC - WHT/RED
IG1 - BLK/YEL
IG2 - BLK/RED
START - BLK/WHT

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic