icon

noobie to stick shift remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dvaldez0989 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
I have been installing for a long time now but I still have not done a stick shift car. I am installing the viper 5701 on a 2003 ford mustang. What wires do I hook up that I usually don't on a automatic. I guess so the clutch can be bypassed. Any help would be great.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

There should be a WHITE/ pink (+) at the clutch. Your starter wire of the remote start can go here. No need to hook up a wire to the starter wire at the ignition switch. You will also need to hook into the e-brake, and the drivers door trigger. Make sure you use the drivers independent door trigger with no delay.

dvaldez0989 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
So I hookup the neutral safety shift to the e brake and why would inbe able to use the dome light for a door trigger
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Because the dome light has a time delay? That's a silly question because that's the same on a manual or auto.
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
your going to have to find the door trigger. also if you use the domelight, when you arm the system immediately after you close the door its going to beep twice telling you the door is open due to the time delay.
dvaldez0989 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
I understand about the delay I thought you meant it for a perticular reason. On this car the dome light turns off as soon as you lock the door.whatever the case it only a 2 door car so it's not to bad. Thx for the advice.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic