icon

remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toohott7718 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2010 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2004 chevrolet silverado ans I just installed a ca-610 code alarm on it. after I auto start my truck and I stop it with my remote the dash lights stay on until I hit the unlock button on the transmitter, then they go off.

there is another wire on my alarm brain to shut the accesories off after the vehicle remote start is shut down, I just dont know what to hook it to. the guy at code alarm said it has to do with the option on cars that keeps the accessories on after you turn the ignition off (like your car stereo). he said I could possibly hook it to the door ajar wire, but I dont know where that is. I'm sure someone here has ran into the same problem and knows what I can do.

thanks for all your help

jinstaller1 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2010 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Left Front Door Trigger.................gray/blk (L), BLACK/ wht (R) On base model trucks the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5. On 4dr trucks the LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. GREEN/ black, pin A2. They are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all wires and diode isolate. The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver side dash. It has 6 plugs in it, the purple plug is on the back. On non Base models the wires are in each door at the doors lock module.............. Per Directechs Info................Im sure you should be able to find the wire coming out from the door jam if you dont have a base model but if it is then get it at the BCM all you need is one door wire so pick one lol...... Hope this helps............
Jayce
toohott7718 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2010 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
it is a base model truck, so can I just hook that wire to a door trigger as you said? so since its a base model I wouldnt have to diode isolate, right?
jeremytravis 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
You will not need to diode isolate, just tap into one of your door pins. Most of the Silverados have retained Acc. power until a door pin is triggered so thats what you need to simulate, a door opening.
**advanced mecp certified
toohott7718 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

should a5 always have power? Im using b5 as an illuminated entry, I did  hook my extra wire to b5 and it shut off my dash lights. it turns my dome light on but that goes out in like 5 seconds, so that is definately better than waiting for the dash lights to turn off in the 15 or so minutes it takes.

but I am curious to know if the a5 is suppose to have constant power.

my truck didnt have power locks or windows when I got it, and it has rubber floors, so Im safe to assume that its a base model, right?

let me know. thank you all for your help it is greatly appreciated!! remote start problem -- posted image.

toohott7718 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I meant I hooked up b4 as an illuminated entry, I did  hook my extra wire to b4 and it shut off my dash lights. it turns my dome light on but that goes out in like 5 seconds, so that is definately better than waiting for the dash lights to turn off in the 15 or so minutes it takes.
toohott7718 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2010 at 3:58 AM / IP Logged  

only other question I have is I need to hook up my tach wire so I can use the feature where when you go to to gas station and want to leave the vehicle running you can press the button for auto start and take the key out of the ignition and it will stay running.

I know its suppose to be a white wire but I havent had any luck finding it, I was also told I could use one of the wires from one of the coils or fuel injectors, hopefully you guys can help me again. thank you for all your help

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2010 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged  
toohott7718 wrote:

only other question I have is I need to hook up my tach wire so I can use the feature where when you go to to gas station and want to leave the vehicle running you can press the button for auto start and take the key out of the ignition and it will stay running.

I know its suppose to be a white wire but I havent had any luck finding it, I was also told I could use one of the wires from one of the coils or fuel injectors, hopefully you guys can help me again. thank you for all your help

Look on the back of the instrument cluster...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
toohott7718 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2010 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have to take off my instrument cluster??
segal79_19 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2010 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
it is four screws and the cluster comes out there should only be one white wire that is your tach
Marks Auto Mart Sound and Accessories
2100 5th Ave. South
Fort Dodge Iowa 50501
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic