icon

viper 5301 2 way problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
liamkim 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2010 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have similar problems like mine that found solutions? I installed a Viper 5301 autostarter along with the CANMAX 400DEI Xpresskit and everything was working fine. A couple of days later the unit no longer communicates with the 2-way remote. Everything still works fine but the remote continues to give an out of range warning with every function and I can not receive the runtime and interior temperature on the 2-way remote. I have looked into everything I can think of and the only reasoning I can think of is the unit is malfunctioning and may need warranty replacement. Again, everything is working properly and I double checked the wiring. Wondering if it may be the CANMAX Xpresskit unit at fault, the unit or both.
Does anyone have experience with this issue so that I can know for sure before I remove the unit to return it.
Ciao
willy
liamkim 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2010 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Found the solution to my own problem on another post.
Don't know how to link the post if people are interested.
I am very grateful for this website. So much great information.
Found on another post.
"i have found that they need to be "rebooted"..... 2 ways to do this are to disconnect the vehicle battery for a couple of minutes or else pull the 15 amp fuse on the red wire of the secondary harness which powers the brain (this is usually what i do)   then they work fine again... a PITA, yes... but a quick fix?
Ciao
willy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic