icon

acura tl xk01 and 5901 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joebubba 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2010 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Don't really think so, but it has caused disarm/lock/unlock problems with other modules. Can't remember the specifics. You don't need this option enabled with a door lock module. I think most people with dl modules turn it off.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2010 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

whoa, never had a honda or acura unlock prior to starting.

make sure the unit is not set to unlock - start - lock.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
mestguy182 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Tedmond, where would this setting be found at? I don't see anything like that on the Viper 5901. Thanks,
Justin
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not familiar with that setting either. I don't see it anywhere in the Viper menu.
Did you reset and reprogram the XK01?
Did you find out what version firmware was flashed?
mestguy182 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
JoeBubba,
I reset the Viper and now my doorlocks are locking after 5 seconds again. The firmware is flashed with 2.06, we didn't do a reflash, my friend didn't think it would help. After reading through the manual for the Honda/Acura firmware on the XK01, I couldn't find any options to adjust the XK01 to disarm the factory alarm but not unlock the doors. I'm kind of at a loss unless someone else has some other ideas. Thanks for your help.
Justin
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
No, as I said in the previous post (below), try resetting and reprogramming the XK01 using only the factory remote. There is a chance that when you used the Viper remote first (instead of the factory remote) that the XK01 learned an incorrect signal. I doubt this will make a difference since the light didn't go out until you used the factory remote. However, I'd give it a shot just to be sure.
Version 2.06 is the correct version, so that's ruled out.
Also, did you disable the dome light supervision on the Viper?
Once you've tried all of those, I'm out of suggestions. That may just be the way the XK01 operates. I know that in Acuras (and Hondas) the factory alarm can be disabled without unlocking the doors. The XK01 may not take advantage of this... Ideally a well written firmware would only disable the factory alarm (and not unlock the doors) before RS on a car that had that capability.
joebubba wrote:
....You'll need to use mode #8, option 2 to reset the module and then reprogram using the factory remote only. I have no idea if this will make a difference, but it's worth a try....
mestguy182 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
JoeBubba,
I did reset and reprogram the xk01 as you said to and used the factory alarm keypad, I just didn't reflash the module, so no luck there. I disable dome the domelight as well, like I said, at least it is relocking itself after 5 seconds again instead of staying unlocked during the entire duration the car is sitting remote started. I think I'll just have to keep checking the expresskit page to see if a new firmware is released, one that maybe has a fix for this problem. Thanks again for your help.
Justin
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Well, sorry nothing worked. Maybe Tedmond will know more. Good luck!
mestguy182 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

on the dei units, there is a setting where you can program it to unlock prior to starting.

i deal alot with honda and acuras, so i know them pretty much inside out. I did a tl, but never ran into problems with the locks.

try disconnecting the locks to the xk01 and see if they still do funny things.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic