'97 honda civic radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hi folks,
A bit of silly question here, but I have a 1997 Honda Civic EX with the stock radio. The lights on the radio died (the lights behind the presets), so I followed directions I found on the internet (installdr.com) to get the radio out. I tried fixing the lights, and now I'm putting the radio back in and I can't figure out 2 pieces of the radio.
These are two pieces related to putting the radio back together, not necessarily putting it back into the dash.
The first piece is a silver L-bracket that goes in the back of the radio. I think this is so you can attach it to the frame of the car's dash so you can't just pull out the radio. I can't figure out which way it goes on. Anyone got any pics? That's the last time I work without taking pics first.
The other piece is a rubber piece that's about the same size as the L-bracket. I can't tell if it gets attached to the radio, and then you close up the radio; or if you're supposed to close up the radio first.
I've attached two images from those directions. One is what my radio/dash looks like, and the other is a picture of the L-bracket...I just can't tell from that picture how to get it back on there.
'97 honda civic radio -- posted image.
'97 honda civic radio -- posted image.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2010 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  

I've done that particular console so many times, but  i just never took notice of how the bracket went back in, (mostly because it was basic for me, so i never bothered, lol), anyways, it isn't that hard, just align the bracket without mounting it to the console and you should see how the screw holes line up, and that's the way you aould mount it!

P.S That dash is not hard, but i dislike it because of having to remove pieces of all the surrounding trims as well as the bottom piece to free the radio!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic