icon

clifford g5 arrow central locking.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dave 2000 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all, for your information I was given site link from I8MUD the Toyota forum.

Trying to get the above to work on my Land cruiser 80 1994 TD Manual.  Wired the alarm as per Clifford instructions and all works perfect untill I close the driver door.  It seems as soon as the interior light/door ajar button is pushed in the car door controller decides to ignore the unlock command from the alarm remote.

IIRC I have connected the blue from the clifford to the blue / YELLOW in the drivers side (RHD) kick panel and the green to the blue orange in the same place.  If I keep the drivers door open (all others closed) the alarm locks and unlocks the doors perfectly, the issue is only apparent when the drivers door is closed an earth is removed from the interior/door ajar circuit.  Once an attempt has been made to unlock via the remote the door lock system with then ignore all attempts to open unless 'reset' via the drivers door lock

I have tried disconnecting the alarm wires from the interior light trigger and no change.

I have tried removing the alarm to door lock/unlock wires and earthing direct from chassis to the blue / YELLOW and again to the blue/orange and the doors lock and unlock perfectly, press in the door ajar/interior light switch and the unlock command fails again so not an alram unit issue.

Fitting relays does not appear to be the answer as by wiring direct from the chassis as I have mentioned the system still has this bug.

As my first post I hope you have all the information needed.

regards

Dave

Remember as an individual you are unique...........just like everyone else!
dave 2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2010 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

Just an update guys and girls, I had another go at the central locking and still no luck however this time I left the wires connected and lo and behold the doors lock when starting the engine and even better they UNLOCK when switching off.  Clearly I am on the right track but as soon as I am out of the carand press the fob it locks ok and arm, if I press the fob again the alram turns off but will not unlock the doors.

Any ideas at all would be appreciated, please do not suggest burning it because I just might!

regards

Dave

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2010 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Your lock control relay should have a door trigger feed which overrides the door locking, NOT unlocking if it thinks the door is opened, one wire going to that unit will go to ground (earth) when the driver's door is opened. Methinks the problem lies either in that wire or the factory central locking unit . You might find this hard to swallow but find the motor wires, cut them off and get a BLUE lock control relay from Armour Auto or Spal and replace the factory unit. Honestly.clifford g5 arrow central locking. -- posted image. It will work, been there, done that on a late 80s Toyota SUV, got the T shirt.
dave 2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2010 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.  I know how to do exactly as you described but again the problem is feeding wires into the door.  The original loom is so packed I cannot get anymore wires into it.  I have actually got the system working by wiring direct to the door lock control button on the drivers door and it worked perfect but again I could not get into the door without drilling another hole and grommets ect.

I am sure there is a way but have yet to find it, even more annoying is my recent discovery that if the ignition is on then the system works perfect.  Somewhere something changes 'state' and prevents the door lock system opening.  Before I go down the road of fitting another relay ect I want to exhaust all possible other ways.

There is a guy on another forum with the same car and alarm except his is left hand drive and the colours are slightly different but he has managed it using some diodes ect.

Thanks again for the suggestion as it may be my last resort.

regards

Dave

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2010 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Toyotas are just about the easiest car to get into the doors!      Pull the plugs from the dkp through into the door, grommets et al,run your cables through, use a long shafted screwdriver, lots of WD 40 and poke the cables through the tubes, use more WD to bring everything including the grommets back into place (spray the WD around the grommets, they'll go back easily) and voila, job done, about 1/2 hour max.
Don't forget to replace the insulating tape at the ends of the tubes.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic