icon

viper 591xv, can't program remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ug0tb4nn3d 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I've recently installed a Viper 591XV into my Nissan 300zx. I have the constant 12v, ground, parking lights, door unlock and lock, and ignition wires connected. I'm just doing a test install to make sure everything is working, I have the antenna, LED, valet switch connected as well. When I press the valet switch once and then hold it, the LED flashes once for "Auto Learn," which is where you are supposed to press any button on the transmitter, and then the unit is supposed to chirp to let you know the channel has been learned. However, when I get into mode one for auto learn and press the button on my transmitter, all I get is the transmitter beeping that it gets no response. The transmitter keeps flashing the Rx icon which means it's receiving transmissions from something, but it flashes the Rx icon even when the unit is unplugged.
Can anyone shed some light on what I may be doing wrong?
Also, the transmitter's FCC ID is EZSDEI478
The antenna's FCC ID is EZSDEI546
Thanks.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
Have you connected the green door trigger wire? this wire must be connected for programming to be successful!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
ug0tb4nn3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, I didn't know that. I'll hook it up.
Thanks. :D
ug0tb4nn3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
I don't see a green door trigger wire. The door trigger wire is on the 791XV, but there's just a blank wire there on the 591XV wiring diagram.
jeremytravis 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

There should be a green door pin wire, unless someone took the pin out of the harness,in that case just connect a jumper wire to gound for programing. 

**advanced mecp certified
ug0tb4nn3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
viper 591xv, can't program remote -- posted image.
The No Function wire on pin 8 is where the door trigger SHOULD be, but it's not.
ug0tb4nn3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Here's a link to the guide, if anyone has anything that can help me, I would gladly pay for your time and help.
Thanks
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N542V_07-05.pdf
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

did you buy this unit used?

when you enter programming, does the horn make one long beep? if so its locked and a bitwriter will be needed to unlock it.

you dont need the door open for this model.

just ign on, press valet once, press and hold, chirp is heard, press lock on remote, chirp is heard, let go of valet button, turn off ign.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
ug0tb4nn3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2010 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I bought the unit used. I've had trouble finding the horn wire on my car, so I skipped it. I'll go ahead and find the horn wire tomorrow, would you happen to know where I could find someone with the bitwriter just in case? The LED flashes when I put it in modes, but I'm not quite sure.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic