icon

viper 350hv shock sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hipakeman 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 3:24 AM / IP Logged  

I have a Viper 350hv installed in my scion xb.  I am having problems with the lack of sensitivity.  The module is set at max.  I would have to knock on my car pretty hard for it to give out a warning chirp.  Any suggestions on what to do?

The brain is mounted on a wire harness under and behind the dash.  Should I switch it over to a metal mount?  Should I tighten the mount on the wire harness?

Hope someone can help!

hipakeman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
FYI: This is installed in a 2005 Scion XB
jeremytravis 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

If anything you should losen the mounting of the alarm unit, if it still isn't sensitive enough then you may want to add an external shock sensor, or maybe even a proximity sensor, I have installed a ton of the Viper 350hv alarm systems and noticed this is a common problem.

**advanced mecp certified
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

I also have installed 350hv's by the tons, never had any significant problems with the shock sensor, mounting the unit is the key!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
hipakeman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
So should I just keep it mounted on the wire harness but mount it somewhat loosely?
dereileak 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
just get a proximity sensor, I think its the 508d, I got mine on ebay for 25 bucks, and it warns on a walk up, and goes off if they enter, nice thing, no false alarms if set correctly, like if someone drives by with loud subs, it wont go off, I love it, its cool to see people walk by my car and it warns them, and they freak out, ha ha, I also know when people pull up to our drive way, if they pull up close to my car, or get out, I know when people get home
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Kicker Dual CVX 15's - Installed
Kicker ZX 1500.1 Amp - Installed
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

hipakeman wrote:
So should I just keep it mounted on the wire harness but mount it somewhat loosely?

Wire harnesses aren't the only places, however if you use a harness use a fairly large one, i find plastic ducts high up in the dash area make great monting places for sensitivity, i have this same system in my car (yes guys i know y'all will say what, an installer with such a basic entry system, it's because i don't like too much fancy addons and all that i like too keep it simple,  and it's just a daily driver from work to home)  anyway the unit is mounted on a duct that runs behind the instrument cluster but it's located closer to the centre of the vehicle, and it's adjusted absolutely perfect, I get coverage of all four windows and the rear and front windshied, warn away and full trigger,  if you could find surface area large enough as that brain is fairly small, screw it to the air duct it works for me!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

t&t if i stuck my head under the dash, would i ever find the brain? ahah

most installers when doing it for their own car will go to extreme measures and make it stealth like no other.

i thoguht you wouldhave had a 2way at least.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Oh it's very stealth! Trust me, but two way just doesn't make sense in my application, as the vehicle is either like 25 feet away or not in range so i figured what the hay! LOL!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
yea you got a point. i like the 2way just for the confirmations. since im in school so i want toi know whats going on with the car at all times.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic