icon

tuning, mtx req

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rnichols14 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Got a stock head unit with mtx req so I can hook subs up to factory head unit. Mtx req has LPF setting for 40-200hz, bass enhance switch for off, before amp, after amp. Also has a subsonic filter setting for 0-40, and a setting for gain. Now this is wired to 2 Alpine PDX1.1000 amps powering to two 12in type x dvc subs in a sealed box. Amps have settings for LPF, Gain, and subsonic filter:0,15,30
Any suggestions for the best tune? I tune it but doesn't sound like its hitting anywhere near where its suppose to and sometime the amps go into protection mode on hard hits.
nodiggie 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2010 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  

Tuning is a very subjective subject. What sounds great to others may not sound great to you.

Not sure on the clipping issue. First thing I would do is double check the gains.

Two PDX 1.1000s are still going to draw a good amount of amps from your alternator. Do you have adequate power from your car's electrical system? Any extra batteries installed?

I could be wrong but gains too high could cause clipping and or not enough supply power to your amps could cause your amps to clip or cut out.  

Still learning
Kraco
rnichols14 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2010 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  
It might possibly be the power supply. I got a yellowtop battery in the car and and have 0 guage wire running from the battery to a 6 farad capacitor then splitting out to 4 guage wire to each amp. Lights dim like a motha*****!
franky84 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2010 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
i think you need to upgrade your battery, check your alternator and i would suggest a cap for each amp.. im just sayin
Tattoofreak

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic