icon

pioneer preimer 12'' subwoofer, need amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cody22 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I have a Pioneer Preimer 12'' subwoofer, 3500 watt, 1000 rms. DVC 2 ohm sub.

i need to find a amp that is powerfull enough to push the sub.

your help will be very helpfull thank you

Cody
nodiggie 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2010 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

Any amp that will give you at least 1000rms of power. 2000rms would be better so you can have more headroom to play with.

When I built my system, I first upgraded my electrical (Big3), h/o alternator, and dropped in 1/0 cabling because I knew I was wanting at least a 1500watt system without adding batteries or a cap.

How much money do you want to spend? You can find amps that will put out 1000rms all day long for as little as $200. You can buy a high quality amp with true 1000rms ratings for as much as $1200.

Give us an idea of your budget and details about how you expect to power this this amp from your car's electrical system. Most cars are good for up to 500watt systems or a little more unless your alternator is putting out more than 100amps or better.

If we just tell you "ok, check out brand "x" and not verify if your current electrical will be good enough to power that amp we would be doing you a disservice.

-to 12volt veterans -

"let the "new guy" answer these questions LOL, this reminds me of the drum forum I'm on"

I love this forum, you guys ROCK !!

Still learning
Kraco

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic