icon

xbox 360 to four 7'' screens

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chansharp 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
Hey, i been in mobile audio for about 5 years noww.. but im just gettin into mobile video..and i was wondering if itHey, i been in mobile audio for about 5 years noww.. but im just gettin into mobile video..and i was wondering if it was possible to hook up an xbox360 to 4 7" screens and instead of having split screen like on normal televisions, to get only one player on each screen? And also hook up a DVD player to all 4?
Thanks!
chansharp

oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
DVD to all 4 - yes.
Splitting a "split" screen only if the original "box" supports it, else you have an external splitter - but then it's likely to be a reproduction of the original else wide and skinny - and you the need to feedback the screen info if (for example) its a gun-type shooting game (as opposed to joystick etc curser-on-screen).
chansharp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

For the DVD how would i splitt the video signal to all 4 tvs? I didnt know if i would need some sort of processor/decoder or something. Im new this stuff.

And for the xbox 360..i have no idea if the xbox supports it.. could an external splitter do the job? and how could i program it? or any other ideas on how to do this?

oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
The DVD merely requires a splitter for whatever signal it has - presumably composite.
If the post-splitting signal is too weak, boosting will be required....
For the xbox, you need some frame splitter designed for the job. It'll be interlaced or not, and whatever standard.
If something isn't available, it's probably easier using a camera to view each section, with shutters.....
Get a duel head PC instead.....
LOL! Others may know of applicable products - I haven't 1080 snowboarded for a while (N64!!)
chansharp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help!!

Im not sure what the frame splitter and all that tech. stuff. is but im definitly gonna do some more research. Cuz playing on the 7in screen split into 4 only leaves about 2.5 inches of screen. which would be near impossible for call of duty and racing games. lol.

I used to play N64 foreverr way back in the day. MARIO CART

mrmoto 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
Ha N64 and Mario cart isn't back in the day. The Atari 2600, Donkey Kong, and PacMan is back in the day.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Back in the day, I played with Erector Sets, Lego's, Hot Wheels, Matchbox and AFX cars... then Pong came along :)
xbox 360 to four 7'' screens -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2010 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Basically, the xbox can do a 4player split screen setup on a single screen. He wants each of the screens to "zoom" into each quadrant. I've tried this before and the frame lag makes FPS games almost unplayable. LOL. Halo 3 and Modern warefare 2 get very choppy frame rate when playing 4 players on a single box.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic