icon

06 chevrolet express remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jben103 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
I'm having problems finding the tach wire on this vehicle I have the wire diagram which says for the 4.3 engine it's in the pcm on drivers side fender and the color is white and all other engines it's purple in same location but its not any wire i tested. when the remote is press it starts but shuts right down any help would be appreciated
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
There are 2 connectors at the PCM. They are colored black and green. You need to remove the connectors to see their color. The tach wire for the 4.3 engine is found in position 26 of the green connector.
sparky
jben103 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
ok i will try that. if i have a hard time finding it there can i get the tach wire behind the instrument cluster
accordexxx 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
jben103 wrote:
ok i will try that. if i have a hard time finding it there can i get the tach wire behind the instrument cluster
I just did a 04 savana (express), and also couldnt locate it in the fender. Not sure if there is a huge difference between the two cars and years but I mounted my remote start module under the steering column next near the ignition wires. And removed the dogbox to connect it to the coil which is right next to it.
Not sure about the 4.3 if you have a dog box or not, if not disregard this. If so, it might just be easier, no need to go through a firewall either.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
I would hope accordexx, that you didn't just run the wire between the dog house engine cover and the firewall. That would be extremely dangerous. The tach wire would eventually get pinched and short out the engine coil. The tach wire in thes vans doesn't enter the cabin at all. It can only be found under the hood. Yes you can also find a tach source at any one of the ignition coils, but it isn't too difficult to get to the engine speed tach source at the PCM.
sparky
accordexxx 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
sparkie wrote:
I would hope accordexx, that you didn't just run the wire between the dog house engine cover and the firewall. That would be extremely dangerous. The tach wire would eventually get pinched and short out the engine coil. The tach wire in thes vans doesn't enter the cabin at all. It can only be found under the hood. Yes you can also find a tach source at any one of the ignition coils, but it isn't too difficult to get to the engine speed tach source at the PCM.
nope, there was a little square hold on the lip of the body at the base of the doghouse cover, taped the edges of the hole up with tape, also added extra tape on the wire as extra insulation. Made a little hole on the dog out cover and slide the wire through and went under the carpet up to the steering column area.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic