icon

DEI 551T Install Nightmare!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Stunnin 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2003 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

DEI 551T Install Nightmare! -- posted image.  I am installing a DEI 551T remote start in my pride and joy (untill this). A 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante. I have a Viper 800ESP and two DEI 530T's that I installed without a snag about 2 months ago and have had no problems. I have now purchased the remote start and the key bypass (DEI 555U) This is the final step in the security area of my project. I started installing the remote start and was testing it before I installed the key bypass, and can not get the remote start unit to click on. I have checked every wire and every connection and it all checks out. I even checked to see if the unit has power to it and it has it where its needed (or so I think). I did notice the unit has a led and it does not blink for anything. Does it ever blink? I even checked to see if the unit was receiving a pulse for the alarms chanel and it does. Does any one know what the problem may be? Do I make sense or am I just rambling? Im so mad that im about to rip it out and through it out!  DEI 551T Install Nightmare! -- posted image. Heres a pic of my car.DEI 551T Install Nightmare! -- posted image.DEI 551T Install Nightmare! -- posted image.

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Upgrades:

HID Lights, 18" Chrome wheels, Clarion 7" Touch screen w/ DVD, 2 -6" Clarion Head rest screens, Sirius Satalite radio, & Playstation.  Currently making fiberglass trunk wheel well for 4-12" JL Audio W7's powered by 2-500/1 JL Audio amps for the subs, and 1-300/4 JL Audio amp for highs. Also looking in to Clarions 5.1 Digital Digital EQ, and Clarions TV tuner. Not sure what to use for highs. As for the ride eventually getting 20's and airbags. Maybe even a supercharger for the engine.

Anyways any help on the 551T Nightmare would be great. As for the picture tell me what you think! Thanks! Tony.

Stunnin 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2003 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry the picture doesnt seem to show it only shows when im writing the message!? DEI 551T Install Nightmare! -- posted image. But if you email me I will send it to you. Thanks again.

DEI 551T Install Nightmare! -- posted image.

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2003 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
do you have to programm the remote start?? i dont use that brand. i know some of them you have to..
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Stunnin 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2003 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

I dont think I need to program it? I doesnt say i do.

themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2003 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
make sure you dont have a ground on the hood triger wire
Stunnin 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2003 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
no ground or open circuits
GMC4x4Guy 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
I installed the exact same remote start and bypass unit in my 2001 Diamante about two months ago. You said you were testing the remote start before you installed the bypass, at the most the car would just turn over but it won't start. If you want to test the remote start, put the key in the ignition and try it. The car only checks for the key when it starts so you could remove it after that. That will just rule out the bypass module. I had to move the antenna around to make my bypass work, so just rule it out and move on. Here are some things to look for:
Double check all of your wires--12 volt constant\ground
correct starter wire
Make sure the toggle switch isn't flipped the wrong way
Double check the hood pin to make sure it isn't grounded and make sure you aren't pressing the brake
I couldn't get my 551T to learn the tach signal for some reason. I tried changing the threshold, triple checked to make sure I had the correct tach wire and even changed the wire over to check an injector. Still I have had no luck, but maybe you will. If you can't get it to learn make sure you change the programmable setting to check voltage.
The led only lights up when you are in programming mode
There are either two accessory wires or two ignition wires (I can't remember) but make sure you have them both tapped in to.
Send me a pic of your car, it's nice to know someone else likes these things. Here's a forum for ya to visit:
http://diamante.gweilo.org/forum/index.php
Good luck
Jeff
GMC4x4Guy@aol.com
"Drive it like you stole it"
Stunnin 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Jeff! Thats how i tried to check it (key in ignition) I will check for a switch as soon as I get home and send you some pictures. But what switch? I dont have a switch. I thought it was for a stickshift model and i drive a automatic. Thats the only switch i can think of. If i find a good tack i will let you know. quite question though what alarm did you install? Well anyways ill try it. Thanks!
Stunnin 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Jeff! Thats how i tried to check it (key in ignition) I will check for a switch as soon as I get home and send you some pictures. But what switch? I dont have a switch. I thought it was for a stickshift model and i drive a automatic. Thats the only switch i can think of. If i find a good tack i will let you know. quite question though what alarm did you install? Well anyways ill try it. Thanks.

GMC4x4Guy 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
My 551T came with a toggle switch to turn it off, so that if I bumped the button the vehicle would not start. I think in the instructions they show it along with the neutral safety switch. You don't have to do anything with it except ground one side of the toggle and run the other side to the brain.
The alarm I installed was an Autopage RF-505 and a separate pager.
"Drive it like you stole it"
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic