Newbie Installing CD player

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2003 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Heres how it works
1. Buy the harness (metra) from Wal-Mart.
2. Plug that into the wire that came out of your facory radio for the install car.
3. The only thing left to do next is get the red but connectors (I love them/also at Wal-Mart) and connect the harness to your radio! I usually do this first.
4. Remember the harness is to save you from cutting the wires in your car (You may want to put the factory radio back in one day) not the wires for your radio!
5. Also if there was an after market radio installed in it before and they hard wired it in the harness to me is useless. Then you must wire yours in that way.
Hope this helps
vampiro wrote:
SO the harness that I got from my Lebaron is a specially made one with a connecter into my cd player. Then from what I am understanding I would cut the one end of my cd players harness and splice it to the walmart harness. Or I could go buy this smart cable thing from Circuit City and go that way. By chance do you have an estimate on what the smart cable might cost? Other then that I think I am set if that is everything.
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2003 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yea toss the old Labaron harness.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic