icon

changing my stock stereo into new one

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
grav3yard1112 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2010 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

ok then... So what is the best way of doing it... if i'm gonna let the shop do it, it will cost me a lot... So I have decided to do it myself with your help ofcourse, in that case, if i'm gonna change it again, then i will know what to do... I'm attaching the cable codes of the new one (Alpine), just in case u will ask...

changing my stock stereo into new one - Page 2 -- posted image.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 31, 2010 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

Connect the radio's black wire to the Car's BLACK/ Green wire. 

grav3yard1112 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, if i connect the radios black wire to black green wire, what about the car's black wire, where will i connect it on the radio's wire?..
grav3yard1112 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2010 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
FYI, I'm a little bit confuse on the Harness that you want me to buy... thing is i have the cable plugin for the New one....and ijust want to attach in to the connection plugin of the old one as shown on the pictures attached.... changing my stock stereo into new one - Page 2 -- posted image.
grav3yard1112 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2010 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I trid connectiong the car's black wire to the stereo's BLACK/ green. Still doesn't work...
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
radio doesn't work or no sound but radio powers on?
Advanced
grav3yard1112 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

Radio powers on but no sound...

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
he has nothing connected to the input wires of the factory amp.  How much time have you spent on trying to get this done?  Is that really worth the 20 dollars you are trying to save by not purchasing the harness?
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2010 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
you have to send signal to the factory amp.  that is the square plug.  If you really want to get crazy you could do an amp bypass.  The amp should be located behind the passenger side trim panel in the cargo area.  It's a fun time removing it but once you do you can access all of the speaker wires quite well.  Either way you have to tell the factory amp or the speakers what to play.  Wether its at the deck or the factory amp it is your decision. 
Advanced
grav3yard1112 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2010 at 4:33 AM / IP Logged  

I'm so confuse now, so sorry for that... I'm not savig anything.. i'd like to make it work... i know  i'm missing something, and now i know that i'm not sending a sigal to the factory amp as you just told me, and i understad it... So If buying the Harnes is the solution, then i'm going to buy it... just need the exact model... my next question is... will it be easy to connect the wirings, or am i gonna have a problem connecting it? All i thought, the harness was the plugin that you will connect directly to the new one... Sorry for that... Maybe i was mixed up with all your explanation...

Just give me a final Decision on what to do... Am i going to buy the harness co'z i really need it, or i'm just missing some wires to connect?... which one is easy, just tell me and i'll do it, just to make my stereo work...

Thanks again for all your help....

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic