powering a clarion 6.5 monitor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
georgyop 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2010 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I bought a Clarion 6.5" headrest-type monitor from a police auction last year "as-is" $15, and now hooking up to my fuse box of my 2005 Mazda Tribute to make a back-up camera\video system.

The Clarion VMA6593 monitor schematic that I downloaded, and the sticker on the back say that this unit needs 12V or (9V-16V) according to the manual specs, and 800mA to power on. 

When I connected it to a 10A fuse in my fusebox with the ignition on, and grounded the ground to the car metal , the screen would get a little lighter\brighter, but not power on fully.   powering a clarion 6.5 monitor -- posted image.

What am I missing here?  Looks like no transformer came with original harness or is there a better place to power this monitor from in order to get 800mA? Page 10 here shows the basic layout:  http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBlobs/519/928/VMA6593.pdf

Thanks so much in advance!

George

icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2010 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
Try connecting the Power ACC (red) and the ground (black) straight to the battery. RED (+) Black (-). if it powers up fine then there some sort of problem at the chosen location. If you get the same results then its most likely a faulty unit.
roadshop570 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
Clarion 6.5 Tv for 15 dollars really lucky or really defective.
Chadillac

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic